Sign in to follow this  
downscc

SIDSTARS Cycle 0706

My collection of 56 US locations is up in the AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans and www.navdata.at libraries. (+ indicates added since last cycle; * indicates major rework): KABQ KATL KAUS KBNA KBOS KBWI KCLT KCMH KCVG *KDAL KDCA KDEN KDFW KDTW KEWR KFLL KGEG KHOU KIAD KIAH KJFK KLAS KLAX KLGA KMCI KMCO *KMDW KMEM KMIA KMSP KMSY KOAK KONT KORD +KPBI KPDX KPHL KPHX KPIT KRDU KRNO KSAN KSAT KSEA +KSDF KSFO KSJC KSLC *KSMF KSNA *KSTL *KTPA KTUS PANC PHNL TJSJ. All IAP transitons with holds have a NHLD no-hold option (let me know if I missed any). My latestes additions, KSDF & KPBI, are included.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks again, Dan.I just flew (without RC for a quick test) into KMDW 13C from the SW and it was a bit tight with overshoot getting JOT to the FAF HITOB at about a ninety degree turn with HITOB being only 4 nm out from the threshold, too tight to align with the runway. I added HEBKU at 10 nm out as the first LOC fix. Perhaps you "major rework" of KMDW includes this.The published plates I have are current (MAY AIRAC) from flightaware.com and I used the route by Airtran that day from KMSP to KMDW on MOTIF3 arrival which terminates at JOT. I let the FMC calculate the path I followed.I'll get your updates to add to the all-in-one I just installed.Thanks again.

Hi Ron:The MDW procedures include custom route MOTIF3.13C, which connects the star that ends at JOT with a route to the ILS13C. This route provides a "base" then an intercept of 30 deg to intercept the final 2.8 nm outside the FAF of HITOB. The key to getting lined up on final is to arm the LOC while on the intercept to allow the AP to center the CDI, which it accomplishes easily before the FAF. I use 2.8 nm outside the FAF for final course interception because that's seems to be then minimum ATC clears me when flying IMC, it provides about a minute to get on final course and at MDW the traffic is kept from straying too far North where KORD traffic is located.I believe most 13C approaches arrive on the I55 Visual weather permitting, which really brings you in close. I had trouble modelling this but after adding extra pseudo-waypoints on final I think it gets you in close enough for a visual.There is also a RNP13C approach, which also brings you in closer than my ILS route but it has a radius-to-fix leg (unable to model in the PMDG) to ensure alignment with final course. Here again, I used pseudo-waypoints to make the radius leg work within reason but it required some effort.Let me know after you have updated with the new cycle how it performs for you. You'd be surprised at how little feedback I get.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've been re-interested in KMDW for regional short flights from KMSP modeling Airtran. I think I'm going to download Fly-Tampas's KMDW. It's great for the testing I do for RC (we test in FAA and non-FAA regions).The freeware ones I tried were OK except for the low LOD buildings and while I do not need lots of eye candy, it annoys me to park in front of a big blurry building.I'll see how I do with the more detailed FT version (they offer two texture sets).MDW does require looking at the performance tables, doesn't it :).

I really like the FlyTampa airports, and do have MDW. Much improved over anything else I tried.:)>>I would not land with a tail wind and snow on the runway. Jeeze.It's amazing how much traffic SWA flys in and out of there, the only locations they have that rival it are KLAS & KBWI.

Dan Downs KCRP