Sign in to follow this  
Dilip

Question on STARS and SIDS

I recently purchased the PMDG 747-400.I have spent the last few days sorting out the FMC and think I have a good handle on how it all works.My other problem is where can I get the appropriate STARS and SIDS to use at each end of my flights? I always tend to get "disconnected Flight Plans", and end up in a mess when I try to connect things up.Thanks in advance for any hints.Thanks,Dilip Solanki

If you're referring to the actual sid/star files - www.planepath.comIf you want to know what SID or STAR to use, try looking up city pairs on www.flightaware.com on the Statistics page.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

From flightaware.com under resources you can download (free) the entire IFR plate bundle (including airport diagram) for US airports. Included will be SID/STAR charts. If you can't find as Tabs suggested an actual flight plan for your airport pair that shows the SID/STAR being used, pick the most appropriate ones based on the plates you downloaded. They are based on departure and arrival direction and in some cases be runway specific.From planepath.com you can get the fairly recent SID/STAR database to install in your FMC so it should synchronize with the current plates you downloaded.When approach announces your intended runway, you can go to the DEP/ARR page of the FMC and after keying ARR for your destination key the STAR for your arrival (left side) and EXE and also key the runway (right side) and EXE. You will then have to go to your LEGS page for your arrival and close any discontinuity (THEN followed by blanks) by keying on the next waypoint and then keying on the THEN line followed by an EXE.