Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

Ghost Panels

The following is not a huge problem but it's annoying, nonetheless. Bottom Line, sometimes I get what I would describe as a 'ghost panel' when I put the mouse cursor in certain areas of the 747-400 panel ie: I might be tooling about on the MCP and half the screen reveals the OHD panel. Moving the cursor to another area corrects this immediately but it peeves me. Is it a setting or summat? Or is it my old 5900XT feeling the strain? It happens in the LD767 as well but not in the 737-800, curiously. Anyone?Jon

This is an NVidia issue that occurs when you're running FS in Window Mode but Maximized. There's a workaround that's simple enough:Make your window "normal" and then extend it so it covers the entire screen width/height and those will go away!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest FlyMD11.nl

Haha,Thanks Lefteris, I've had this problem nagging me forever and never thought about this simple solution!Remco

>This is an NVidia issue that occurs when you're running FS in>Window Mode but Maximized. There's a workaround that's simple>enough:>>Make your window "normal" and then extend it so it covers the>entire screen width/height and those will go away!>Where and how does one extend the window?Waldo

Thanks very much, Lefteris for this very simple solution. I'll need to remember this when I replace my aging 5900xt. Assuming, of course, that I'll still be able to locate an AGP 8x ATI card.Jon

I've actually seen it happen with the window non-maximized too now. It has to do with having certain AA modes enabled while in windowed mode.I've reported the issue to Nvidia as of like a month ago, we'll see if they fix it though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This is precisely one of the two main issues I have developed recently. Was there ever a solution to this item?I posted about a second visual issue on the forum recently that is most perplexing. Appreciate any replies, thanks!Jonathan