Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam_Hampson

Annoying problem! Help Please!

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello all!I today received my PMDG 737NG (600/700) and was very happy to start flying with it!. As with most aircraft, i set up the FMC etc and set off on my flight.... Soon after take off FS paused for a second then flashed back into life. After it had came back, i had lost the tabs at the top of flight sim and a 'black bar' appeared at the bottom! I couldn't click anything on my computer, right click anywhere, or even get task manager up!I thought it may be a one off problem so i tried again, but once again i had the same problem! PLEASE help me! Its a very annoying problem stopping me doing any flights :(Regards, Sam

There used to be threads dealing with CTDs but nothing like you have got.. gotta start with basics and close the assumptions: Are you using FS9 (not FSX), running XP (or VISTA), and do your default aircraft fly normally? Any other addons in flightsim? Do you have a current FSUIPC or using what came with the PMDG installation? Does this happen regardless of where you attempt to takeoff from?Sorry for all the questions... but you can't assume that there is something wrong with the product that has been available for this long of a time. I recommend you look for something about your configuration or setup.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hey thanks for the reply.I am using FS9 with Windows XP. Any other aircraft works perfectly in flight sim, just the PMDG that doesn't work. I think my FSUIPC is up to date, if not its the one which came with the product. It normally happens after 30minutes flying. I know the it's properly not the product thats faulty, but something in flight simulator. Many thanks

Guest Sam_Hampson

Well it still happening despite re-installing flight sim numerous times. Anyone have any ideas? THanks

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello.Could the problem be caused by my graphics card? Perhaps i need to update the drivers?Or could it be FSPassengers?Thanks

I would suspect other programs before I'd suspect your hardware and drivers. Something seems to be getting in the way... FS9 never had an elegant way to interact with the program like FSX does with an API. Give it a try. Wish you success.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Sam_Hampson

HeyI updated FSUIPC today and it still doesn't work :(I am a little puzzled to why it affects my whole computer, instead of just flight sim. I cannot open any applications, right click or anything when it 'dies', very weird.I have a strong suspicion Activesky may be the culprit. If it is, i don't understand why it does it at such random times, very annoying!Thanks for your help

Let us know when you figure it out... also, the ActiveSky forum next door offers excellent support.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fredop

Hey there, I too own the 600-900, and am running Win XP. I would have something like this happen to me. But, intead of the black bar, my menus at the top would be shifted to the right, so only four menu options would show. Now, this is a question that may solve it. Are you running in full screen or windowed mode? 'Cause I always fly in window mode, and when I switch, the bar issue happens, and if I switch back, it sorta fixes it. I never really came up with a solution, since I never use full screen mode anymore.

Guest D17S

Sounds like the problem I had with LOMAC and my old 4200. All kinds of lockups, flashing, missing pieces of screen. Just a mess. It was simply too much for my setup. It makes sense this kind of thing would start only after firing up the sim with the PMDG airplane. It can be a very big load for an older system. Everything else will run fine.Might think Vcard and powersupply too.

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hey.I play in windowed mode all the time.My PC isn't the best in the world by any means. However, it isn't the worst and should be able to cope with the PMDG and all other add ons (which it does). I will try to get a screenshot next time it happens.I have also noticed that it tends to do it on the 'second' leg of a flight. For example, it happened when i flew from Brest-Larnaca. (Manchester-Brest was fine). And yesterday it happened doing Santorino-Larnaca (Skiathos-Santorino was fine).It's really irritating me, i just don't know why its doing it! I cant think of any explanation. It's not as if i even get any 'warning' signs before it happens, just randomly happens :(Cheers

Guest fredop

You know what I think. Maybe your system is just shy of running the PMDG. Maybe it's just not enough ram, video card isn't strong enough, or it could be that your comp. had hit it's max out point and can't support something like PMDG. Have you looked to see if maybe an upgrade of hardware may help?

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hey.I have 512mb RAM (not a lot i know, but should be enough...) and have a Radeon X300 GFX card (again, not good but it should support most stuff). Therefore i doubt its something that needs upgrading. I think it may be something that needs updating rarther than upgrading.