Sign in to follow this  
FS4

737 600/7/8/9 FS9 performance w/E6850 cpu

I haven't used the PMDG 737 in awhile and finally tried it on my new system. It runs fine, but I get constant stutter in turns and when pitching up/down during flight. I don't remember it being so noticable on my old computer (P4, 2.6ghz). What type of performance should I get with the following system? All other add on aircraft seem to run much faster/smoother.Core2Duo E6850 3.0 GhzEVGA 8800 GTS w/640 mb4 Gigs RAMFS9 w/sp1WinXP Pro/SP2Thanks.

Not sure why you're not getting better performance. While I haven't flown the 737 since rebuilding my computer, I am super pleased with my results.I have the E6600 Dual-Core 2.4 (not OC'd, that caused C2D's)EVGA 8600 overclocked video card w/256 Mb of DDR3 ram2 gigs RAM P2 667 MghASROCK MoBWD Sata HD's (2)XP Home with updatesAll sliders to right, including 100% AI with 50-60 Airlines from WOAI and Project AI and I'm getting a steady 35-40 fps. I'm resetting this to 30 fps max. as any more really has no benefit.Also I have some pretty heavy scenery installed as well.So I'm expecting great results with the 737. I'll try to set up my controls again for the 737 and see how it does.Jim D.

Guest Ed Lin

Hello Dave...I upgraded last month to the e6850 and the 8800 GTS 640. I'm running two gigs of ram, XP w/sp2, a raptor 75 gig drive (partitioned for dual boot). While I haven't yet flown the 737 on this new build, my frames with no clouds are generally around 30-40-ish at JFK with the 747F. This is with Megascenery NY, 50% AI and no autogen (don't care for it unless flying a "low and slow" flight).I have done a lot of 747F flights and with Active Sky switched on and heavy clouds, the experience is as smooth as butter.Now that's not to say that there isn't an occasional, brief stutter. But they are a drop in the bucket to non-existent compared to what I had on my previous build.Autogen might be part of your problem if you're using autogen. For flights with the heavies, I just don't like autogen. It doesn't look real to me at high altitudes and it can potentially be a stutter-hog. If you're using autogen, try turning it off and see if the stutters are as bad.Good luck.Ed Lin, D.O.S.Visit my websitehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edlin

Guest Ed Lin

Dave,I'm flying the 737-600 out of Denver to Minneapolis-St. Paul this evening -- first flight in the 737 since my upgrade.Well, I'm not having any stutters and there is a lot of snow and clouds (active sky). I have to say, while performance is good, it's still a taxing airplane on my system. High single digits during takeoff and climbout though still very flyable.The 747, oddly enough, is a lot less taxing on the hardware. The 737 is showing it's age.

Ed,I run the NG on a 2,8 GHz HT system with an old FX5600 card and get low teens with the NG at Grimshaw's Boston with UT USA, My World Landclass 2005 and FSGenesis 38 m Mesh for the Appalachians and Northeast. At cruise I get pretty much FPS in the 30-50 range. Most FS settings are high or to the right.Cheers,

No add-on airports here, and running Ground Environment Pro (no performance hit obviously) with Flight Environment and Active Sky 6.5. My traffic is WOAI at 50% (which looks like 100& compared to Ultimate Traffic) and UT generated General Aviation. I haven't decided if I'll put Ultimate Terrain back on since it blurries everything.I can fly any of my add-ons - PMDG 737, 747, Level-D 767, F1 ATR-72, and various DreamFleet aircraft in thick clouds with no performance hit at all.I even flew from PAYA to PAJN all within the Glacier Bay territory/airport add-on from FSAddon (freeware!) in the Piper Cheyenne from Digital Aviation and never once dropped below 20 FPS. This area is almost always overcast and would butcher my last system which was pretty good. Climb out would be in the teens or single digits. Not any more! Excellent performance!Something is going on there I'd say. Do you kill all background tasks you absolutely don't need? Have you optimized FS9 and XP? Do you use smaller textured 3D clouds? Are talking VC or 2D or both?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Ed Lin

Guys,Thanks for the replies -- I didn't expect any as I was just following up with the starter of the thread from a while back.I do use FSAutostart and I unload my virus protection as well as stopping other non-essential services. However, I realized after my flight earlier that I hadn't installed the 800/900 which I believe adds some features/enhancements to the 600/700 series. There's also an "update" that hadn't been run as well. Once I installed those, it was like a completely different aircraft visually and performance wise.It could also be what "Dave", the starter of the thread, may have been missing. Thanks again.