Sign in to follow this  
Guest Capitanstratos

A nice airliner to start flying?

Hello!Want to know a nice plane that can let me get started on airliner flying. I like the reviews abotu the easy to understant 737 PIC manual, but maybe someone can recommend a better plane to start thank's!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The PMDG 737NG is an excellent start and it's fun to fly. You can do lot's of short hops and learn how to fly in a totally new environment. Go for it!

You should buy an add-on with a reasonably full simulation of the FMC (flight management computer). The PMDG 747 and the Level-D 767 both offer very good implementations. Both also come with very thorough manuals. The manual for the Level-D 767 has a slight edge, in my view, for beginners.Tim Morshead

i have to agree. The level D was a great starter plane for me. Its actually what got me interested in the, what i like to call the "pro planes". its an easy plane to learn and has an excellent manual. THe support forum is very helpful as well. Dont completely rule out the 737PIC either its a good set of planes and it gives you the 300,400, and 500 variants, which you can add to your collection if you have the PMDG 737 MG series. ITs FMC is pretty good too. But thats just my opinion.

I say the lds 767 was my first one then (and I knew nothing - I was even mad when I bought the lds because I thought it did not work, but I read and I found out how to use it) I found some others for bigger challenges like the super 80 etc. (no pmdg yet but waiting for the magnificent md-11 and the ngx and hopefully buy the 747x soon once I build my new comp)

I would have to also go with the recommendation's for the LDS 767. It is a challenging aircraft but great to learn before the PMDG 747. You'll have a chance to learn almost everything and the transition between the two aircraft is very easy. I remember I was struggling with this same question almost two years ago and it was a toss up between the LDS 767 and PMDG 747. I ended up going for the PMDG747 though. Boy was it a challenge but very well worth it!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Thank's guys! Will go for the 737 and maybe the 767 too