Sign in to follow this  
downscc

Cycle 0713 SIDSTARS Collection

Available in the AVSIM FS2004-Flight Plans library, filename "cycle_0713_sidstars.zip" Cycle 0713 (20Dec-17Jan) Procedures based on FAA Digital Aeronautical Information and Terminal Procedure Publications. This collection includes 66 locations (+ indicates added since last cycle; * Custom routing revised): *KABQ KATL KAUS KBDL KBNA KBOS KBUF KBUR KBWI KCLE KCLT KCMH KCVG KDAL KDCA KDEN KDFW KDTW KEWR KFLL KGEG KHOU KIAD KIAH KIND KJAX KJFK KLAS KLAX KLGA KLGB KMCI KMCO KMDW KMEM KMIA *KMSP KMSY KOAK KONT +KORF KORD KPBI KPDX KPHL *KPHX KPIT KPVD KRDU KRNO KSAN KSAT KSDF KSEA KSFO KSJC KSLC KSMF KSNA KSTL KTPA KTUS PANC PHNL PHOG TJSJ. The FAA has added STARS at KCLE KDCA KIAD and KMCO, new SIDS at KDTW KSLC and KTPA. There is also a new RNP approach at KDCA for Rwy 01. Numerous other changes, which are listed in detail in the enclosed "Cycle 0713 Revisions.htm" file. For PMDG 737NG/747-400/747-400X.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dan, am I right in thinking that the TPs are not updated when you install the next cycle from navigraph or is the "cycle_0713_sidstars.zip" for users who want to update TPs independantly with an older cycle without downloading the latest cycle?

Navigraph should have current procedures in their cycle 0713 released yesterday.The procedures I make available are made by hand to include all the details (procedure turns, DME arcs, altitude constraints compatible with 737NG, etc) and I only cover a limited number of locations. The Navigraph procedures, while good, are made by machine but they can do this for the whole world.I also provide custom routes to follow real world traffic flows as best as can be generalized. For example, most STARS lead you to to the airport but drop off with a vectors command before final approach. I will lead you all the way to the Final Approach Fix (FAF) for the ILS and sometimes provide connections to RNP or Visual Charted Approaches. I also provide routes on departures so you can fly from the runway to the rest of the published DP as if you have ATC guiding you, and I provide "unpublished" DPs to fixes commonly used by air carriers that are not covered by published DPs.All my procedures come with both "as published" for those who use and ATC service such as VATSIM and with custom routes. Each procedure file has a header that lists all the procedures and enumerations for each. I'm averaging about 700-800 downloads per month, seems to be working since I get very few error reports or complaints.

hi Dan,i haven't tried the new Navigraph updates yet. if you don't mind my asking, what locations do your TP's cover? also, for use with the PMDG747X, do the Navigraph TP's cover Airports worldwide now or only the US? and, what is your opinion of the Navigraph data compared to Richard's old DAFIF data? thanks in advance for the info. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

<> Per the announcement, 66 locations (US).<> Worldwide<> Not comparing the same thing here. The AIRAC data from the DAFIF source by Richard never included terminal procedures, those were provided by upload by other hobbyists like us and were only as current as the last contribution. The quality varied with the contributor. The AIRAC data did and still does provide the files you find in the NAVDATA folder, which consists of airport/runway coordinates, runway/ILS data, fixes and routes. It was only late this year that Navigraph started bundling terminal procedures (SIDSTARS) with the NAVDATA. Don't forget Terry Yingling is also a pathmaker in the terminal procedures field and he still provides free SIDSTARS for US & UK at planepath.com; his are mostly automatically created with some tweaking. You'll still need current NAVDATA to use with the latest free terminal procedures.As a sidenote: I just downloaded the 0713 cycle from Navigraph and note that Richard still has not fixed the file location for FSX. The files will be installed under the FMCWP folder, as in FS9, but the PMDG 744X NAVDATA folder is in the PMDG directory.All that are using NAVDATA from Navigraph need to move the files from "...Microsoft Flight Simulator XFMCWPNavData" to "...Microsoft Flight Simulator XPMDGNavData" otherwise you are still using the original data provided when you installed the 744X.

thank you very much for your help Dan and for your hard work on the TP'S. i'm very familiar with Terry's TP's as i'm using a combination of his and Richard's TP's (i'm assuming quite a few of yours as well) with the PMDG747-9. a big thank you to Terry also. have you considered doing TP's for any non-US airports later on? just curious. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

<>Yes, thought of it often. I've done RJAA Tokyo, using the Overland Japan scenery package that comes with charts. However, I don't have easy access to procedure updates so it was a one-time effort. I've thought about using the Navigraph nDAC charts to get relatively current data but haven't figured out how much that would cost since they seem to charge for every view of a chart.. at least that's my understanding.The US locations are easy for me because I'm familiar with FAA procedures, charts are free from the NACO, and the data I use is only $18/mo including FEDEX shipping. If the non-US info was as easily obtained I would have jumped in by now.

>>>If the non-US info was as easily obtained I would have jumped in by now.hopefully, that will happen for you soon Dan. sounds like you're really into this TP stuff. actually, it shows in your work. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler