Sign in to follow this  
BadKarmaPT

Unable to complete long haul flight with the -400...

Hello Hugo!I'm sorry to hear you are fighting OOM errors on your PC.It could be interesting maybe to post your complete setup.With a 32bits OS like WinXP, adding more than 3Gb or Ram is useless and can even give some trouble if you are coupling all this with some high end vidcards with a lot of memory like the Geforce 8800.Some people will recommend you to modify some files of winXP and FS9 to allow FS9 to exceed the default 2Gb memory allocation but the downside of this method is that it can start to strangle your operating system with this...More explanation here:http://www.dansdata.com/askdan00015.htmI would first try to discover the source of the error. This could take some time but I think it will be worth it.- Does the OOM error happens on all long-haul flights you try to make? (try a complete other route at the other side of the world)- Does it still happen when you disable some of the add-on sceneries you are overflying? (could be a memory leak in one of your scenery add-ons)- Does it happen with other add-on planes as well?- It's possible you're page file (virtual memory) is fragmented which does not leave enough contiguous memory blocks for FS9. Try to keep an eye on the page file useage and defragment your page file.More info here: http://www.theeldergeek.com/page_files_and_fragmentation.htmI wish you luck Hugo!!Cheers,Sylvain

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

A lot of OOM errors (I'd day 80%+) are caused by simple things like duplicate AFCADs and Land Class scenery in the wrong folders in your FS9 setup (this problem causes a memory leak in FS9).I recommend getting ScanAFD here at AVSIM to scan and remove duplicate AFCADs.Second, get FlightSim Manager, also here at AVSIM. You have to set you computer back to about 2004,2005 in the adjust date/time to make it work, but it will work. (There is a patch for this on Flightsim.com by the way...).Once you're in Flightsim Manager, click on "diagnostic tools", and click on the "Scan for Landclass files" under the scenery tab. It any Land Class files are misplaced, it will tell you and offer to fix it for you.Don't forget to reset you clock after!! ;)This solution solved all my OOM errors with the PMDG744. I thought is was a lack of memory when in fact I had Landclass files where they shouldn't be. Suddenly I kept getting the Window out of memory error. Since I fixed the problem I had above, I've never had one since in over 18 months.Good luck!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

"There is a patch for this on Flightsim.com by the way..."Devin - any idea where? A search doesn't locate it. Thanks,Martin

Hi MartinHmmmm......looks like they took it down...Was called fsmgr.zip but its gone...Check your PM.Devin

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png