Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Change Waypoint Crossing Type in FMC - How?

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, so I hope a FMC expert might be able to give me a pointer.OK, I export a FP from FSBuild-2 and import it into both the PMDG FMC and Radar Contact for ATC. The FP usually includes a SID or at least a few WP's within 40nm of my departure.Radar Contact (ATC), using departure procdures criteria, expects me to fly within 2nm of these WP's until >40nm out from departure, then I have a 5nm threashold.So the question becomes, once the FP is in the FMC, how do a change the first few WP's to be "Fly Over" instead of letting LNAV precalculate the most efficient turn or "Fly By"?Thanks for any advise (examples) you might have...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Al, there's no method that I'm aware of.. even within SIDSTARs I can declare OVERFLY type fix (FLYBY is presumed) but once the txt file is loaded and viewed in the FMC there's no apparent way to tell which one is which type, and no way to change it.Your flybys should be within 2 nm... but to ensure that this happens for you try putting a custom fix 1 nm before the first WP on an appropriate bearing in the FMC. The effect will be to close the distance between the track and the pair of fixes... and RC4 is only watching the first WP.

Dan Downs KCRP

>Al, there's no method that I'm aware of.. even within>SIDSTARs I can declare OVERFLY type fix (FLYBY is presumed)>but once the txt file is loaded and viewed in the FMC there's>no apparent way to tell which one is which type, and no way to>change it.Yea, that's what I seeing as well, but I don't understand why. There has to be some trick to converting a WP to "Fly Over". Maybe manually inserting the same WP using the FMC keypad?>Your flybys should be within 2 nm... but to ensure that this>happens for you try putting a custom fix 1 nm before the first>WP on an appropriate bearing in the FMC. The effect will be to>close the distance between the track and the pair of fixes...>and RC4 is only watching the first WP.Yup, I'm with 'ya. Actually, 2nm is pretty tight in the 747, especially in a turn. If I see a tight radius WP, usually very near the departure RWY, I usually have to keep the speed down to get through it and/or using HDG 'till RC gives me the up-check. But I do see what you're saying about the pre-WP very close to the original. I'll have to give that a try baring any formal solutions.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE