Sign in to follow this  
Guest aaron737

737NG initial climbout

Guest aaron737

my intial climbouts are acting kinda unrealistic. alomost like a posky 737. however when i first installed the pmdg 737 its realism on takeoff and intial climb was very realistic but ever since i installed the pmdg 744 the 737 FDE is acting funny. i unistalled the 744 (which is amazingly realistic btw) and reinstalled the 737-700. the plane is still acting like a posky. if i try and climb at V2+20 acceleration altitude comes up very quickly and before i know it im retracting the flaps very quickly and i know from watching real life vids the flaps come up a good minute or so after rotation even on short hauls where the weight isnt super heavy. ive seen pmdg vids aswell and they seem very good and relistic.btw are all the flap types modeled in the FDE cos in mine the outboard flaps are only mentioned. i think i remember when i first got it, inbourd, outboard, trailing edge, leading edge were all in there, maybe not, i dont know. cos the flaps drag and such would be a big factor in speed in the initial climbout stage.

Guest vvanrij

Try derating. In real life you never takeoff with the airplane being light with full t/o power.-Victor

Guest aaron737

i do. usually TO-1 sometimes To-2 and CLM-2. could u check me on the flaps in the .cfg im sure when i first got it, it had all the flap types modelled. in mine all i have is 4 or 5 outboards and most of the drag scalars are at 0.00. i know 1.00 is too much but isnt 0.00 nothing at all? maybe the air file deals with that better.

From what I've heard, Southwest airlines never uses de-rated takeoff settings. Always full power takeoffs.

Dave Paige

SWA averages over 85% in filling seats, and is the largest non-cargo cargo hauler too. I'd be surprised if they "never" derated, such as repositioning - if that's ever done.

Dan Downs KCRP