Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

problems with track !!!!

Steve,Anything at all unusual in your Windows set up? Foreign language or regionally localized version? Any resident background applications running?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi !just recently my 744 is not exactly flying the LNAV track - always a little bit aside, sometimes really far away only then approaching the next point and again far away (10-20 miles) of the track. Waht is this ??Thanks marek from LOWW

Phil,I thought we had this solved for you? I remember working through troubleshooting with you and then I thought Paul had taken the baton on it with you directly?You said to me in one of your emails:"There is no one single FSX addon causing my problems, the more i install, the worse it gets. Yeh, yeh, i know how crazy that sounds. The only way to stop it is run FSX with zero addons, which obviously, i'm not willing to do for one aircraft."That right there says to me that it *IS* other addons causing the problem. I hope you can understand that we can't solve or troubleshoot problems caused by products made by other companies or individuals. The method we use in our aircraft's FMC and ND requires other addons to not be mucking around with the magdec.bgl file - virtually every instance of this problem that we have ever seen is a result of this. It is usually one or more bad AFCAD files that do it.This is not a widespread issue despite what you guys may think, we've not seen it reported other than in these isolated cases from a few of you.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Oz_Animal

RyanWindows is configured to Australia/English.All what I would call the normal settings are fine. All up-date and non essential services etc have be disabled and as I said I have not loaded anything else..Ie; no media player, pdf reader or windows accessories of any kind. She is a bare bones installation (mainly as I wanted to get the test up and running).I also did exactly the same thing on a different computer with a separate copy of XP Home and ended up with the same result.Sorry Ryan but unless I am totally stupid I cannot see how it can be anything else except for MSFSX Corrupt or PMGD 74X is corrupt? Last night to cancel out the FSX corruption possibility I loaded a different copy of that after cleaning the system out with the restore function and deleted all the hidden files as well. Still the same results.RegardsSteve

Steve-The intent is not to provide you with rough handling, but to ensure that others realize that your post does not provide valid information by which they should base their opinions. Many of your posts in this thread provide good information- but that does not mean we should allow you to post misleading, false or just plain uninformed information into the thread.Be a part of the solution, Steve- not part of the problem.We've been through this a number of times- you might recall everyone rushing to point their fingers at PMDG for a rash of OOM errors- and some folks went so far is to post in this forum that they had "been able to determine without a doubt" that the problem was caused by PMDG. The facts, when all the dust settled, were quite different- and another developer updated their scenery add-on and the problems went away.So- this being the case- what we are trying to do is help promote the discussion (keeping it on a factual basis, for simplicity) to see if all of us together cannot find a common thread that leads to a solution.In your posts- you accuse us of not caring, but this completely ignores almost ten years of history in which we have, to the best of my knowledge, never failed to accept responsibility for our own errors and failings.If you doubt this, take a read through the change lists I posted today for the 400/400X. We like to solve problems- and we like to generate fixes that assure your enjoyment of our products. To suggest otherwise is to disregard the facts.So where does that leave us?Continue to participate positively in this discussion- work with Ryan- and any other members of the team that might pop into the conversation- and I'm confident that eventually we'll find a solution.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Steve-You mention in the above list that you installed Navdata 0803.Can you try with the default navdata that comes with the installer and report your results?BTW: Paul has forwarded out some email you sent to support@ on 10APR to the whole development team. Thank you for your input- we'll take a look at it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Oz_Animal

I am currently reformatting the HDD and going to do the whole process again without the 0803 navdata.This will lead to 2 obvious results1.. If it works then I think there will be one very upset user who suggested that this could be an issue..or2.. If it doesn't work then I want a few hundred dollars to go out and get well and truly drunk...as I am out of ideasSteve

Guest Oz_Animal

RobertAll the information I have posted is solely based on my tests, findings and subjects that were related to this issue on your forum. The information I have provided is factual and not misleading in anyway whatsoever. You might not agree with my

Steve,I really have to wonder about windows regional settings or something to that effect. If there were a concrete problem with our code or FSX's, everyone would be seeing this issue, not just a few people.I'm personally using the same 0803 navdata and don't see this issue whatsoever, so I think that can be ruled out.It's really really hard for us to try to troubleshoot something like this (as it was with the OOM) where none of us on the development team can reproduce the error. If this is as you say, a totally clean FSX install with a totally clean 744 install, then that's definitely not something we've ever seen. We've only seen it with the AFCAD/scenery issue I described earlier.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RyanI fully understand the problem you have when it's not sitting in front of you.Therefore I still make the same offer of sending you the SATA HDD that I now have it on (when I have finished loading it again) so you can then see it on your own system with the fault and see how I have set it up.I believe this would be the best way to solve this issue? (as long as I get it back in a working condition...lol)I am currently finishing the request of Robert and loading the whole thing again without 0803 to see what happens. I will advise as soon as it is completed.RegardsSteve

Guest Oz_Animal

RyanWhile I have been reformatting and uninstalling / reinstalling etc I have had one little hick-up. I have accidently deleted my PMDG 747-400X set up file...grrr...I moved it to the drive I was formatting instead of copying...I have e-mailed for the new linkI will continue with the installation soon I hope and will report findings when complete.RegardsSteve

The HD thing is an interesting idea... if you're gonna do that, you want to make sure you remove all the drivers you can first though, a windows that's configured for another machine will usually just die if you try to put it into a different hardware config without it being totally clean and devoid of drivers... There's the activation issues too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

>Mr Robert S. Randazzo>Well well...what can I say except for ..You are a very rude>person and have no idea whatsoever about customer service or>for that matter how to read correctly....>SteveYou've just *gotta* be kidding me! Calling Robert "rude" is like calling Ghandi a war monger. And negative comments about his inability to read, coming from one who could use a few trenchant grammar lessons, only heighten the sense of overall hyperbole and petulance! *Sigh*!-Jon HoustonHalifax,NS,Canadahttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest Oz_Animal

Nice logo, how

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RyanThanks for the fileOK..Well I have done another totally clean install and it is exactly the same. sighThe order of installation and program types were;FSX Deluxe (DVD)FSX SP1 (fresh download from MS Site)FSX SP2 (fresh download from MS Site)PMDG 747-400X (New File)Ran FSX at YMML and the fault was immediately visible. I did a SID / STAR Flight ML back to ML to check anyway but it was no good. (see attached pic) I then checked the other default FSX Aircraft to see if they were out of alignment but all looks normal on the 737 & A321 Nav aid maps re position and the aircraft tracked correctly.I am out of ideas and to be honest, I am feed up with unloading and reloading the software as it takes so long as you well know.Where to from here Ryan? Any idea is a good one at this point.PS. It's 6.30 am now and I gotta get a bit of shut eye. Will jump back in here in a few hrs.RegardsStevehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187605.jpg