Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

problems with track !!!!

>Hi Onedownone2togo>>first please sign your name... welll, you know the drill>>According to "The unofficial Boeing 747-400 Simulator and>checkride Procedures manual" by Mike Ray:>>"SOME IRU FACTS:>1. The IRS position can ONLY be updated (by pilot entry) on>the ground through the CDUs.>2. There is NO capability (like some other IRSs) for the pilot>to enter the position on the unit.>3. There is NO updating of the IRS position, once the units>have entered the NAV MODE!">>So as you can see you should leave the IRS untouched>throughout the flight so apparantly you are doing it>correctly.>>My problem went away with updating the magdec.bgl file, but>others obviously haven't been so lucky.Sorry, just woke up and looked at the forums before I went 2 the shower. Seems I was a lill' uncautious.I took the magdec.bgl from a fresh installation of FSX on another pc. Did u use a different one?Best regardsKai Bambey

Guest steffzt

>>Hi Onedownone2togo>>>>first please sign your name... welll, you know the drill>>>>According to "The unofficial Boeing 747-400 Simulator and>>checkride Procedures manual" by Mike Ray:>>>>"SOME IRU FACTS:>>1. The IRS position can ONLY be updated (by pilot entry) on>>the ground through the CDUs.>>2. There is NO capability (like some other IRSs) for the>pilot>>to enter the position on the unit.>>3. There is NO updating of the IRS position, once the units>>have entered the NAV MODE!">>>>So as you can see you should leave the IRS untouched>>throughout the flight so apparantly you are doing it>>correctly.>>>>My problem went away with updating the magdec.bgl file, but>>others obviously haven't been so lucky.>>Sorry, just woke up and looked at the forums before I went 2>the shower. Seems I was a lill' uncautious.>Could you post yours here, so we can try it.Thanks in an advanceSteffen>I took the magdec.bgl from a fresh installation of FSX on>another pc. Did u use a different one?>>Best regards>>Kai Bambey

Guys, sorry but I use FS9 (have FSX and also PMDG 747 for FSX but the sim isn't even installed anymore) so I have no idea whether the magdec.bgl I use would help you. It's the magdec2005.zip file found in the AVSIM library.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest steffzt

>Guys, sorry but I use FS9 (have FSX and also PMDG 747 for FSX>but the sim isn't even installed anymore) so I have no idea>whether the magdec.bgl I use would help you. It's the>magdec2005.zip file found in the AVSIM library.That's one of those I tried; but it didn't help.I think, there's a bug in the pmdg744; let's hope they'll fix it soon.Thanks and best regardsSteffen

Guest Temp

Thanks guys.You have given me one very good reason for not wanting to purchase the PMDG 747.Considering this thread was started way back on Saturday 1st March and still going on without any word from any of the guys at "No Support" then I'll certainly be keeping my money in the bank until this problem gets sorted. You wouldn't be getting this kind of silence on an issue such as this over on the Level D forum!! This is a payware product and it's not darned cheap either!!

it is rather odd that we havent heard a word from PMDG on any of the threads on this issue. both the 737 AND the 747 worked just perfectly until just after the new year and the new 0801 AIRAC. They were all i was flying on flight simulator, i even took the 747 around the world without problems...i rolled back to an older AIRAC file and that didnt fix the problem.as i stated on the other current thread...im beyond frustrated at this point, and even moreso at the lack of input from PMDG themselvesthe other payware aircraft i have run just fine on the newest AIRACs...(Level D 767, and Flight 1 ATR)...i dont understand it

Guest steffzt

Today i've been in nzch, which has a variation of 23E.I selected an approach an checked it in the map display.That looked cool; the plotted final approach course 23 Degwrong; I thought, and deleted the strage waypoints.Later i remembered, ups,that may be caused by our problem,reenterd the arrival, closed discontuities an flewit by putting the compass in true mode and steered the trackas in the leg page.Finally i was perfectly alligned for my final approch, switchedback to mag, selected the ils appr. display and everything wasfine.But anyway i can't imagine, thats how real airliners are flown. ;->Best regardsSteffen

>I do not have FSINN.>>Someone at one point thought it had something to do with the>gyro drift option but I tried that too - it makes no>difference.>>BrianYou may want to temporarily remove FSUIPC. There were reports of LNAV problems with some of the latest versions a little while back. Try it and see what happens.- John

Guest Oz_Animal

I just purchased the 747 400 X for FSX and I am having a few problems. I have read the forums and have ensured all the settings etc are correct. I have a good working knowledge of both Windows (XP) and FSX/FSInn/FSUIPC etc etc.The problems are these (which I believe are all related somehow with the FMC

Steve,Now that is what I call a comprehensive, easily understood outline of the problem and thanks for sharing it with us. There has to be a patch in the offing for this surely? If there isn't, like an earlier contributor to this thread, I will waiting before I make a move to FSX and the 744X. Flying with these sort of problems cannot be any fun.Gerry

That really is a thorough bug report, I want to go back and study it some more especially the hypothesis regarding true vs magnetic internal workings. However, before getting deep into this one don't forget that thousands of users don't have this problem.There are known problems with some scenery files (.bgl's) that will cause this problem. I don't have a solution if this is not the source of the tracking error, nor have I seen one posted in this forum (except for the known scenery corruption). There seems to be those who can fix it and others that blame PMDG... I really don't know the answer for the latter but if PMDG is aware of a glitch that needs a fix it would be nice to hear from them.

Dan Downs KCRP

and then there are those of us (aka, me) who only have one piece of add-on scenery (FS Global) and at one time it worked problem free...in fact it worked problem free in combination with each other for a couple years....this problem literally came up overnight after i installed a new AIRAC (0801), i then rolled back to an older file and still had the issue...and i have ever since.im still pretty amazed there hasnt been a word on the issue from PMDG

I fly Vista Home/FSX/PMDG 744X, no add-on sceneries, and have not had these problems at all, except that....Yesterday, I was around 500 miles from KJFK expecting an ENE4 approach when the aircraft suddenly took a violent right turn with a 90 deg bank and lots of 'BANK ANGLE' shouting, without my having touched a control for several minutes. I managed to get back on track by disconnected A/P and using heading bug until I could once again engage full A/P. It happened so suddenly that I was taken quite by surprise, so have no documentary evidence. This after many hours of faultless flying.Rest of trip into KJFK no problem.Cheers, RPS This incident could have been caused by the winds problems of FSX????

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

happens no wind, also i should note that it happens on both the 737 and 747, but not any other FMC-equipped planes (LDS 767 and F1 ATR both work with the same AIRAC just fine) i dont have the 747X, so ive only got experience with the FS9 versions.ive tried uninstalling FSUIPC as someone suggestedi tried updating the magdev.bgl file with one on avsim, same problem to the same extenti can put just a basic to/from and runway in the fmc...start out at one end of the runway in the center, push the throttles up and just go straight down the runway but the map will show me right of centerline by as much as a mile or 2 by the time i reach the end of the same runway. ill post pics tonight when i get back to my fs computer