Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

problems with track !!!!

I'm now so sick of this bug, i no longer fly my 744 - it's worthless to me! I now fly my 767 instead. I come here on the off chance there might be news of the patch. Ha - THE patch! What patch!!!???I also find it thorouly insulting to have practically ZERO input on this from PMDG. Why call this a support forum, 'cos it ain't - least from the developer. Too busy it seems with more money making projects!Yes, i'm angry, and i believe that a) it's justified, and :( i'm by no means alone!?I was lied to regarding said patch in an email.Perhaps PMDG will issue me with a refund!? Mmmmmm.... then again.

Guest Oz_Animal

Jan-PaulIf you read what I have done you will see it has nothing to do with scenery or any other add-on software. The problem is PMDG's...nothing else. The FMC is a copy of FS9's 737...That is the problem. I just want a patch to fix it but I somehow think it will require a total rewrite as the programers were a tad lazy the first time round....and now we will pay the price for it??!!RegardsSteve

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi GerryThanks for the kind words :)FSX/FSInn/FScopilot and ASX are great. All the problems I have encounter are just configuration issues and fixed very easily. The problem is people just don

I run FSX with FSInn, FSUIPC on my main PC and Flight Simulator Commander on a remote PC. My FSX follows my track perfectly as displayed on the screen and never tracks off. This is confirmed with the FSC on the remote PC which has a moving map and it shows it following the proper track 100% of the time. I did have an issue with the 74X veering offcourse with a couple of the updates to FSUIPC but that has been fixed with the latest versions.I also had a problem with off-centre runways at one point but after a PC crash and a complete re-install of Windows, FSX, FSX SP1, FSX SP2 (stand alone) I have not had that issue again. I have flown many destinations and many hours and all are perfect to the FMC/Runways. The only scenery addon I have is FSGolbal and a couple of airports. To me something is not installed correctly on your machine.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Guest Oz_Animal

JohnThanks for your comments but unfortunately it

Steve-Reading your post, it is clear to me that you haven't a clue what is involved in preparing the 400X vs the FS9 versions of these products. You also haven't apparently given much thought to what actual processes are used to track and improve upon problem report data either.To everyone else reading this thread: Steve's information is his opinion, and is not based upon fact- but supposition. In this case- he does not have the benefit of actual problem solving and research.Things are not "just copied over" to FSX as Steve suggests. FS9 and FSX are two totally different animals- and the core of the 400X was rebuilt from the ground up to accomodate the structural changes withing FSX. Our products are in use by tens of thousands of folks- one of the interesting benefits of having such a wide reaching customer base is that we get very good trend data out of our support process. If a customer writes to us describing a specific problem, we'll worh through a solution for him. We have found that occasionally, a customer will write in with something we cannot duplicate, and generally the first response to such a problem is to ask for an itemization of other aircraft, scenery and third party/freeware addons that the customer has installed.We will then work through with all of these addons with the customer's input- to find when/where the problem reappears. This is NOT an easy process- and generally takes quite a significant amount of effort on the part of our support process and the customer.However- if a customer downloads an add-on that impacts the 400/400X in such a way as to trigger unwanted behavior- he is generally never alone in his report. We'll receive them by the bushel- and it usually isn't very hard to compare various customer's lists of installed add-ons to find the common threads.When we determine which add-on creates the problem, we'll then generally speaking- have a pretty good idea "why." We have shared that information in this forum over and over again. The most common problems fall into two categories:1) Add-ons that are lazy/non-conformal in the way they overwrite memory locations.2) Scenery add-ons that corrupt the MAGDEC.bgl upon which the 400/400X rely for data.There are other scenarios- but they are far more rare.After localizing the problem, we'll generally reach out to the developer for whichever add-on, and provide to them the information on what we are seeing, and how to reproduce the problem. In most all cases, other developers are appreciative of the information and we can work collaboratively toward a solution.Occasionally, we run up against developers who feel that it is not convenient or important to correct the problem, or respond professionally to the information we provide. In those cases, unfortunately, there is little we can do.With the proliferation of scenery and visual addons- we see surprisingly few events such as these, even in the freeware community. I think this speaks volumes to the attention to detail that most people place on their work. It DOES happen on occasion, however- and it is a fact of life in the highly extensible world we live in.Now- we've said this a thousand times- but I'll say it again: If heading/nav information skews from norm- it's a problem with MAGDEC.bgl in nearly all cases. The 400/400X rely on MAGDEC.bgl being correct- and if it corrupts- then you'll have to resolve that issue to fix the problem in the 400/400X.(Corruption in MAGDEC.bgl isn't local only to that specific scenery area, either- it can cause problems globally or regionally...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

No Ryan it was never sorted for me other than installing to two machines - one with XP.You told me to "hang fire" with Vista, as the patch was due out in a couple of days. That was weeks & weeks back!!As you know, my life is lived VERY MUCH day to day. Thus, when somewhen says a couple of days, I assume that's what they mean.Why the silence on that front? If it's not going to happen, then please say so, instead of all this 'we don't issue realease dates' stuff.Sorry to vent, but you know my situation. Time is not a luxury i have.

ok, but what about those of us, like ive asked before, who dont use add-on AFCAD's? and the only add-on scenery i use is FS Global and the aircraft worked just beautifully hand-in-hand and in perfect harmony for as long as i had them UNTIL i installed the 0801 AIRAC file (up from the 0711 file)...i then rolled back to an older AIRAC file and the same problem persisted....the AIRAC is the only thing that changed between working fine and not working at all, the problem literally came up overnight.Here are a couple pictures, i set up a flight (just to/from and a departure runway for simplicity) from KSEA-KORD...here i am in the PMDG 747 FS9 version at the end of 34R at KSEA...everything looks nominal, right?747PMDG1.jpgthen here i am after a roll to the other end, as you can see im still on the center of the runway, but check out my track? according to it im well right of the centerline, or even the runway for that matter...obviously im not.747PMDG2.jpg

Guest Oz_Animal

Mr Robert S. RandazzoWell well...what can I say except for ..You are a very rude person and have no idea whatsoever about customer service or for that matter how to read correctly...If you bothered to read my complete e-mails and comments on this forum instead of going into "justification mode" you would have seen the part that said "This is just my opion" You are arrogant to say the least.I have been asking for help with absolutely no response from PMDG and then with first contact from you I get an abusive arrogant uncaring response...thanks for nothing.If things are not copied over to FSX from other platforms then why does the FMC data output list it as a 737 file??...I am just asking questions which you have still failed to answer. Sorry for asking questions...gee wizz..As far as all the words in the body of your reply I will say again

Guest Oz_Animal

HiLooks like the same issue I am having?Try it at EGLL and see if the difference is minor (approx 2 degrees), if so then I would definitely say the same problem. I don't know what else to do with PMDG as you can see we supply the info they require and in my case get abused for it.Good luckRegardsSteve

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RyanIn my case I have loaded a clean copy of FSX/SP2 and 74X.There appears to be no corruption in the madgec.bgl file although I changed it to see what happens anyway with the Avsim file but it was still the same. I have also got the problem on other computers which suggests that it

Phil,Please believe me, we don't sit around delaying things for fun. There's absolutely nothing in doing that for us. I'm amazed at how many do seem to think that we do this for some sinister reason...I do believe the patch is beside the point though on this issue - it is not going to fix magdec.bgl interference from other addons. The LNAV fixes we have are for a different issue with tracking that was an issue in our code. These extreme angles you see in some of these screenshots etc are not that issue.Steve,The magdec.bgl issue is not an actual change to the file itself that you would see by looking at the timestamp etc. It's an internal issue while the sim is running - the data coming out of the bgl is getting modified midstream by these bad afcads or other scenery addons.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Steve,You're 100% certain that you have a plain vanilla FSX install with NOTHING other than the 744 installed as far as addons? This means uninstalling FSX, manually removing the Microsoft Games/FSX folder, and then reinstalling from scratch, patching to either SP2 or Acceleration, and then installing the 744.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

ok, we get your point that you think its add-on scenery...and it may very well be for some people, but what about those who dont have add-on scenery installed? i think we need to quit dodging the real questions and stop placing blame on supposed add-on scenery.heres the real question...how do we fix this issue if we dont use add-on scenery/AFCADs/etc?as stated before, other planes with FMCs work just fine, without issue, working off the same magdec.bgl file (i presume). this is an issue with PMDG aircraft ONLY...and happens on both the 737 and 747 for FS9, as well i understand the 747X which i dont own or have tried. the LDS 767, or Flight1 ATR or MD-80 are not affected at all and work beautifully.

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi RyanI went one step further than that.. :)I formatted C: driveInstalled XP pro with SP1/2 (I did not load any of the security patches etc for this test)Installed FSX SP1/2 (not accelerator)Installed PMDG 74XInstalled FMC Data 0803Left all settings as default (getting a blinding frame rate lol)Ran program and the fault instantly appeared (Could the FMC Data have something to do with it??) Don