Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

747-400X Pulls Hard Right

After a perfect landing, attempted to taxi (EDDM) to the gate but the 747-400X continued to pull hard to the right. Had turned-off A/P after landing and no other indication of any other problems.Has anyone had this before ? Any way of avoiding it ?Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Wind and engaged A/P are the two normal causes.. did this happen just once or all the time?

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Strangest thing ! This is the first time I have come across this problem. I don't think it's wind... it pulls hard to the right and if left alone, the A/C goes off the rwy and around in a circle. Initially, I thought it was the A/P but it was disengaged. Since I had completed the flight, I just restarted FSX. Not that big a deal with one occurrence but if it becomes repetitive, not good ! Please let me know if you can think of any other potential causes of this problem.Thanks,Zach

zachlog

You might want to take a look at your ruddder pedals.Hope it helps,

i sorta had the same thing...1) Check that auto rudder is OFF2) Make sure "mouse yoke" opption is NOT enabledJosh

Cheers Josh Cliff

>>Make sure "mouse yoke" opption is NOT enabledCan you point me to this option. I checked Settings|Controls (all 3 tabs), did not see it.Thanks,Zach

zachlog

Guest mike998

Yes..I have had this problem..The solution is as follows..On landing, disengage autopilot and autothrottle. Disable numlock key, press numeric key 5. This will centre the rudder.Reengage autopilot and continue taxi.The 747 will no longer pull to the Right or Left.

>Yes..I have had this problem..The solution is as follows..On>landing, disengage autopilot and autothrottle. Disable numlock>key, press numeric key 5. This will centre the rudder.>Reengage autopilot and continue taxi.>The 747 will no longer pull to the Right or Left.Humm, Don't think the auto-pilot will help you taxi. Should be left off once you have slowed and begun to taxi. The only time I have a problem with this is when I have left the auto-pilot engaged. I dis-engage it everytime now once I am below 50 knots.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Hi Zach,I also had this issue. Just delete the "E" key assignment.When you press E, only one throttle is working instead of four.Have nice flights,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....

Peter,Thanks, will do. Have also noted some of the other recommendations. I have not had this incident again and with quite a few flights so it does not appear to be a systemic problem.Regards,Zach

zachlog