Sign in to follow this  
Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

automatic VOR interception

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

hey guys this forum is great, it is worth to buy the pmdg 737-900NG with this support.one question: is there anyway to intercept a VOR course automatically, u know like the default 737-400 fs2004 built in? i press the vor loc button but nuthing happens.

Please sign your real name... forum rules.Asking if the PMDG is a good buy in the PMDG forum will probably result in a biased reply... we're all pretty much lovin' their stuff.I'm not sure if your question was about the default aircraft or the PMDG (which you don't own yet, right?)?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

oh im sorry for my english, i was saying that pmdg is great stuff in fact i own the 737-900NG, but i want to know how to intercept a vor automatically like the fs2004 boeing 737-400 default which intercepts the vor just by pressing the nav button.

Please sign your name.One way is to fly MCP HDG mode, set NAV radio and CRS to VOR freq and inbound course and turn on VOR/LOC... she will fly the heading until intercepting the course.Is there a specific reason you need to intercept a VOR radial?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest OmNiPoTeNcE

yes actually in my country colombia we still have vor approaches and following the vor course is essential to stay in line with the runway.thankyou very much.

>thankyou very much.Was just reading this, and I couldn't resist to quote:"12) All posts MUST BE SIGNED WITH THE USER'S ACTUAL NAME. Any posts not containing the user's name will be deleted without comment. We enforce this rule in order to promote the civil behavior that only familiarity can encourage."

Yes, Omnipotence don't forget to sign your posts with your real name. VOR approches are pretty popular all around the world especially where ILS can't function properly. (Or too expensive to operate and maintain for small airports, we have quite a few too in my country) I usually prefer them to ILS approaches because they're more challenging.BTW just a hint, if you are using charts, enter the DME altitudes in the legs page so during your final approach you can monitor your height via the magenta on your EFIS screen.Regards

Easiest way to track a VOR radial is to line select it to the top of the FMC LEGS page and then use the INTC CRS prompt at the bottom to enter the course you want to fly to the waypoint. Use HDG SEL to get on an intercept course to it, and then arm LNAV and it'll capture and fly the course to the waypoint.*Ignore* anything you may have learned on the FS default 737 - it's not realistic in the slightest.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>>Easiest way to track a VOR radial is to line select it to the top >>of the FMC LEGS page and then use the INTC CRS prompt at the >>bottom to enter the course you want I tried doing this on the PMDG 747-400X (per the FAQs on the PMDG website, this prompt is supposed to be at LSK 6R) but instead there is a RTE DATA> prompt at LSK 6R. Is there anything additional that needs to be done to track the VOR ? Line selecting the waypoint/VOR to LSK 1L worked just fine.....all on the LEGS page.Thanks,Zach

zachlog