Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomCYYZ

Re-installing PMDG products on new Computer?

Just wondering, when I get my new rig, will I be able to transfer my PMDG aircraft folders directly into FS9 on the new machine without any problems? Or, do I have to re-install everything from scratch? Would this be the same for any payware aircraft I own or is it just not that simple? I normally backup all my payware installation files, but the cd where I have backed up the PMDG files appears to be defective.Regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Please sign your name in this forum, all I saw was a banner.I had to reformat my HD and reinstall everything. All I had were the original downloaded files, which I moved to the empty HD and installed without problem. If you do have a problem, email pmdg support and describe your situation.

Thanks for that Dan. Sorry I usually do sign my posts in these forums, forgot. I do have the original downloaded files and will follow the same procedure. I guess in the end the best thing to do is to reinstall most paywares from scratch. Off topic a bit, just out of curiosity what did you do with any payware sceneries you might have had, normally with freeware scenery I just plunk the folder into my Addon scenery folder and FS9 processes it?regards,Tom

You shouldn't have any problems doing this Tom.