Sign in to follow this  
JETSET843D

Post 744X Issues

Hi there,I am currently running Windows Vista 32 with Flight Sim X, I installed the patch and it appears to have had a detrimental effect on my 747?!Firstly the cockpit and panels are grainy in appearence, the speed tape on the PFD doesn't work and it just handles very strangely, when one attempts to engage the autopilot it creates quite a spectacular display!! The 747 just seems to spin vertically very violently and then crashes?!Has anyone had any other issues?Regards,James

Hi James,I can confirm the same behavior after the update in Vista x64 and FSX. I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire application and am still seeing the same behavior with the violent spinning when activating the A/P.Additionally, in the Cargo variant, I still can't click on any of the buttons where the FMC, Autobrake etc are displayed in their own window in the VC.Regards,Jim Karn

Jim / James-I've logged your issue- but at the moment we have no idea what you are experiencing. We have no other similar reports- so for now I'm left with only the assumption that something is amiss in your installation.The question becomes: "What, exactly?"Unfortunately, I can't answer this without looking at your machine...Jim Karn: Check your email for me. Since I had your full name from your post I sent you new download links for the 400/400F and I'd like you to install using those installers to tell me if your results are any different. Install the 400 first... test... then isntall the 400F... test...Let me know, please.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

The issue was with FSX. Those download links are for installation into FS9.Regards,Jim Karn

Jim-Thats the thing with pilot training... nobody checks to see if you can actually read. ;-)Check your email now, please.

I am experiencing similar behavior with Vista 32. No speedtape,no speed callouts, and the autothrottle does not seem to work

Mike-Couple of questions:What is your ORDERID so that I can pull your account and work with you directly?What Anti-virus product are you using?What type of firewall/internet protection?What version of FSX? Which service updates are installed?

Hi Robert, ORDERID is 90715 AV is McAfee SecurityCenter firewall is McAfee FSX Version is Deluxe, SP1, SP2, and then Acceleration, which apparently has both SPs.Thanks for your help with this.

Hi Robert,I am facing the very same problems! No speed tape and as soon as I am airborne and select LNAV, VNAV and AP on, the aircraft behaves wildly - it turns around itself ans things like that.I can assure you that before this update the B747 worked OK. The update installation worked fine (I run the update as administrator). The B747 gauges I have now at the gauges folder are dated Feb. 12, 2008, version 10.061355.39.I am using Vista 32, and the AV is McAfee VirusScan Enterprise. FSX Version is Deluxe, with SP1 and SP2 (no Acceleration). My PMDG order id is 88126.I do hope we can find the culprit of this strange behavior. I will try to gather more information that may help to find a solution.Many thanks and best regardsEdmundoEDIT: I tried again and the issue is definetly with the autopilot. As soon as any mode is engaged (either LNAV/VNAV or HDG, etc.) the airplane just goes nuts (turns around wildly). Also, the speed tape does not work in any conditions; yet the ground speed indication works fine.

Edmundo Azevedo

Uninstalled the 744X and reinstalled using the integrated installer. The same issue is present.Using Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 on FSX with Acceleration with no anti-virus or disk checking utilities active. Installed with the "Run as administrator" option. All drivers are up-to-date and no malware is present.As others have stated, as soon as the autopilot is activated, the aircraft appears to go into slew mode at a 16X sim rate and spins in a violent nose to tail attitude. The wings remain fairly level during this brief process until the aircraft crashes.Regards,Jim Karn

Same here, just installed the 744 fsx update, prior to install all was okay, tried to do a previous fmc co/route toga, plane didn't respond to joystick throttles, no call out speeds tape reads zero, plane lifted off by itself I clicked autopilot panel,pmdg immediately goes into superfast looping backflips, can be seen doing this in spot view.SystemAsus pk5c,Vista 64,cpu e6300 clocked to 3ghz (yea,I know)geoforce 7300gt (yea, I know)4gig ddr2 ram Microsoft fully updated, AVG7.5 disabled while pmdg update installed runas administrator..fsx acceleration sp2.Running trackir 4pro, which was installed the day previous, (this works fine)John

Hi,It seems that all of us having problems with the 747X latest update are using Vista (either 32 or 64).Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Hi,Indeed it does, just for the record I'm running Vista 32, FSX acceleration version, which i presume has the latest SP included and I use Windows live one care as my anti virus software.Regards,James

Guest jlaine128

Hello,I am also having the same problems described above. The aircraft worked prior to installing the patch. I am using Vista 32 Ultimate edition, have my FSX up to date with SP2. I use AVG anit-virus ver 8.0.100 I ran the update as administrator.Thank you,John

Edmundo-Can you confirm for me the dates on the following files please?FSX/GAUGES directory: (all should be dated 09MAY08)PMDG_747400_Overhead.dllPMDG_747400_Main.dllPMDG_747400_Center.dllPMDG_747400_ACS.dllFSX/PMDG/DLLs directory: (all should be dated 09MAY08)PMDGEvents.dllPMDGOptions.dllPMDGSounds.dllIf you have dates other than these, delete the seven files- and run the installer again. It should offer to repair your installation- select repair- and then recheck the dates for me...