Sign in to follow this  
mccoy007

ALT HOLD instead of VNAV ALT

Guest Oz_Animal

YufengI did the test with the saved files in place and just removed the Panel State files. It worked fine.It is the Panel State files but the question remains...Did they change on install or have we done something to change them?? They are obviously fine on the factory floor as the Guy's can't get it to happen.Robert will know the answer as soon as he looks at the data from the files no doubt.PS, Do I get paid by the hour or job??...:)Steve

Guest kiwiwanabe

I think I'm the single FS9 user with this problem....actually...who had this problem...I moved a 184 .sav files (most were from Pete Dawson's autosave module) out of the FS9 equivalent folder and ran her for extensive testing...Me and my Global Supply rig are back in the freight biz....Well done Steve....I'll be having a pint for you...Cheers,-Russ

SteveI didn't remove the state files. Just use the state that come with the loading, then everything fine...It is a hard believed solution, but I had to accept this...Seemed that the problem is caused by the old panel state files.PS, Do you accept check?:)Yufeng

Guest Oz_Animal

Dear Mr PMDG Guy's...Would it be possible to post a link to get the original Panel State Files you are using?I would like to try them in my set-up without doing a re-install to confirm the findings.Why a few of us are having problems with them being corrupted is the big "Q" and I have a copy of the corrupted files if you want to look at them. Just let me know where you want me to send them.Now that it has been identified there is no urgency if you want to wait for Robert to get back from holiday's in-case he wants to try something else first??...oohh to be rich and famous... :)RegardsSteve

Guys,The only way PMDG is going to be able to fix this issue, is if they can REPRODUCE THE ISSUE.So, to those of you that can reproduce the issue:Please write out a COMPLETE, DETAILED, STEP-BY-STEP "check list" from startup until the issue is reproduced.BTW, I have had this issue exactly once since applying the FSX patch, and I'm certain it's because I made a procedural mistake just before takeoff (involving VNAV, FD, or autothrottle - can't remember what, exactly)- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest Oz_Animal

BillWhat you have stated has been done...Long ago..PMDG cannot replicate the issue as they can't think down to our level...ROFL..heheThe cause of the issue has been found...by some...It's now up to PMDG to look at the data...If they tell us what they want and where to stick it....Robert, didn't mean it that way.....lolWe are just waiting for "Sir Robert" to return from his holidays..Lucky buggar.. :)All the infomation is in the posts...Thanks for your idea anywaySteve

Guest Oz_Animal

I see from other posts Robert is back from Holidays so just to keep this thread up the top of the list and to give a friendly prod I ask,Can I get a copy of the panel state files PMDG are using to confirm the results of our tests?How & why it is happening I will leave in your capable hands Robert but I'm thinking it could have been one of those file write probs due to gremlins...lolHope you had a great tripRegardsSteve

Guest SkullxBones

Any news on this? Has anyone from PMDG been able to replicate the problem?Jeff

Steve-Thanks for the kind words- I wasn't on vacation the entire time. :-)We had a catastrophy with the hispeed internet connection that knocked me offline for almost ten days, and THEN I left on holiday with my wife and little girl. (Hasn't been much of a vaction- I'm still working!)At any rate- I'm without a rig to do any testing on at the moment- but I am very interested in your findings. We may be able to localize the problem, at the very least- and determine which specific state file is the cause of the problem, and/or replace the problem file with one that works. Hard to say at the moment which approach will work best.Expect to hear more back from me on this the week after next...And Steve- I gotta back Ryan up here: You are hereby crowned "PMDG KING OF THE WEIRD PROBLEMS"(But you happen to be pretty good at trouble shooting too...fortunately!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Creating my own cold and dark panel-save still does not solve this problem. Every time I start from cold and dark I have this issue.Matyas Majzik

Guest SkullxBones

I have FSX version. I deleted all my panel state files. Started it up and saved a running state. When I loaded it up the next time, I still had the problem. I still can't get panel states to load exactly the way I saved them. For instance the Gasper and Recirculation switches never get saved in the on position.

Guest Oz_Animal

Hi Matyas & "No Name" (It's prolly there somewhere but I'm going blind) :)Firstly I have only done tests on FSX so if you are using FS9/2004 I have no idea sorry.Just a question to both of you. Did you remove "ALL" the files from "BOTH" folders as discribed? (Saved flights and Panel folders)?Regarding switch positions I have never checked these as I always load my aircraft with everything off. If I get a chance will have a look just to see what happens anyway.-------------------Welcome back Robert, sorry to here about the Network prob etc.Regarding the "PMDG KING OF THE WEIRD PROBLEMS" If it's gonna happen, it will happen to me...Bill Gates just hates me I think!!...lol...or...I just gotta stop messin with things... :)RegardsSteve

By deleting all saved flight data including panel states from PMDG folder and files from user directory I was able to resolve this issue. I had to create new cold and dark files after deleting the old ones but for now - at least for my last flight - it is working properly.

Guest Oz_Animal

Thats good to read. Well thats 16 out of 17 so far so that can only be a good thing :)RegardsSteve