Sign in to follow this  
Guest pablo_gsxr750_aus

Brake Sound Effect

Guest pablo_gsxr750_aus

Hello,Does anyone know if a 'Brake Sound' add-on file has been developed for use with PMDG like the one currently available from Avsim for the Boeing 757/767..?If yes can you tell me where I can locate the file?If no, can the 757/767 file be used and if so, how do you update the necessary config files.Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!Many thanks.Regards Pablo

Guest jumbojock

Hi PaulI'm not sure why you'd need one; you can't hear anything from the flight deck.RecuerdosDavid "jumbojock" Robertson

>Hi Paul>>I'm not sure why you'd need one; you can't hear anything from>the flight deck.>>Recuerdos>>David "jumbojock" RobertsonDavid, I wouldn't be so sure, in CRJ's you can hear them very clearly. I don't recall any sound in Airbus but in 737's I did occasionnally hear them. You actually can hear them if the aircraft lands on a short RWY (RWY 06, LTBA, notorious for hard braking) or uses more brakes than reverse thrust.Now I don't know if this is down to brake wear or some maintenance issue but note that the CRJ's I mention are Lufthansa and the 737's KLM so being major airlines there shouldn't be any maintenance or excessive brake wear problems.Pablo, I have been looking for the same sound but to no avail. However, there are constant additions to the library so you never know.As there is no default brake sound in PMDG, adapting the Boeing files might require some modifications in the cfg. file. I can't help you on that matter.happy landings

hi if you have two monitors and have one of them showing the aircraft landing, keep this window active and you will hear all the outside noises like brakes, spoilers and reverse thrust when hitting the runway and you also get a good display of the flare. it works for me. richard welsh.

You're way closer to the actual gear on a CRJ though with less stuff between you and it than you are on a larger jet. I do know in the MD-11 we're modeling ground roll noise/airframe shake and whatnot at touchdown.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

"I do know in the MD-11 we're modeling ground roll noise/airframe shake and whatnot at touchdown."That should be interesting. Does the sound change with respect to how hard or soft you land?

I find FSPassengers is good for extra sounds. It simulates Brake sound, Engine Bleed Air increasing with thrust, extra ground roll sounds and few other things. If you dont want to go payware look for the Groundhandling guage in the Avsim Library it has the exact same brake sound as FSPAX.Regarding the real thing, the brakes can be very loud in the cabin when they are fairly new, the A330/340 is quite well known for this including a very heavy clunk everytime the Parking brakes are set/released but I could never hear anything when I was on the Jumpseat so it proberbly is quite unrealistic having those sounds from the pilots view.Rob

Rob Prest

I've been flying the 737-800 for seven years now and have never heard the brakes.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg