Sign in to follow this  
robertcezar

Heading set to TRUE - Not MAGNETIC

I really need some help!I'm interfacing the It's Your Plane software with the PMDG 737-600.700 for FS9. There's a weird thing going on with the HDG in the PFD displaying a TRUE instead of MAGNETIC HDG. For example, when I position the aircraft on Runway 08R at CYVR, the HDG displays 100 degrees. (NOTE: This applies to ALL airports.) I cannot find a setting in the PMDG documentation that addresses this issue. Can someone please enlighten me?Thanks a lot in advance,Robert Cezar

Maybe your Mag.dll is messed up? do a search on the main forumRob

Rob Prest

Hi Rob,Thanks for the suggestion. I don't seem to have a mag.dll on my machine.r :(

The file is: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryBASEScenerymagdec.bgl in FS9 (default path).First, check the true/mag switch (off the top of my head I know the 747 has one but can't remember on the 737) if there is one.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Dan.I do have a file called magdec.bgl in FS9. And, I just reinstalled FS9 completely, but the problem persists. This is really bizarrre!http://www.ItsYourPlane.com/rh.jpgI cannot find a TRUE/MAG switch anywhere on the panel, and nowhere in the documentation... ARGH.Any other thoughts you might have would be very helpful.Robert

Look to the left of the above picture to the bottom of the PFD, that is where you will find the magnetic heading... in this case you expect the track to equal the heading but always worth checking for the unexpected when you are looking at unexpected results.What is the actual magnetic heading of this runway 8? Do you get a correct magnectic heading with the default C172?Next thing to check is for afcads or scenery files corrupting the magnetic deviation... that does happen more than expected. This can be verified by turning off all add-on scenery (you don't need to uninstall them) from the library manager.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,RE: What is the actual magnetic heading of this runway 8? Do you get a correct magnectic heading with the default C172?Well, in the attached photos, I decided to use the DEFAULT Boeing 737-400 pursuant to your suggestion that I look at the Cessna, and headed for KSEA (Seattle), Runway 34L. Since I have been using this particular development machine exclusively for interfacing It's Your Plane (IYP) to the PMDG, I never even thought of trying another aircraft to see if the problem existed with those planes! Thank you! It does indeed exhibit the problem with other a/c.http://www.itsyourplane.com/rh1.jpgI copied the magdec.bgl from FSX to the FS9 scenery folder and now, you'll notice that I'm flying 360 (000) on final, which happens to be the TRUE NORTH BEARING... the Magnetic Variation being -19! http://www.itsyourplane.com/rh2.jpgICAO: KSEA Airport Name: Seattle-Tacoma Intl City: Seattle State/Province: Washington Country: United States Longitude: -122.3093 Latitude: 47.449 Altitude: 433 Magnetic Variation: -19 Approach Frequencies: 119.200 120.100 120.400 125.900 126.500 ATIS Frequencies: 118.000 FSS Frequencies: Clearance Frequencies: Cleanance Pre-Taxi Frequencies: 128.000 Departure Frequencies: 119.200 120.100 120.400 125.900 126.500 Ground Frequencies: 121.700 Tower Frequencies: 119.900 UniCom Frequencies: 122.950 Runway Length Heading Surface ILS ILS Cat ILS Type ILS Freq 16L 11894 182 asphalt ISNQ ILS/DME 110.300 34R 11894 2 asphalt ISEA ILS/DME 110.300 16R 9421 182 concrete ISZI III ILS/DME 111.700 34L 9421 2 concrete ITUC ILS/DME 111.700 So, I am now completely and utterly confused! Either I am missing something very obvious, or I am as dumb as a stump! LOLARGH!!!r :)

Hi Geoff,As I indicated, sometimes I can be a dumb as a stump!PROBLEM RESOLVED!!!The culprit was a file called: airac_update_201769095.BGLin the Addon Scenery folder. I have no idea where this file came from, or how it got on my development machine, which I have atttempted to keep EXTRA clean. Thanks all you guys for helping me out with the nasty problem... I sincerely appreciate it.Regards,Robert CezarIYP Developerhttp://www.ItsYourPlane.com

Hi Robert,I glad that you resolved it. I know you cant sleep when something like this bugs you ;-) I think that the airac_update_xxxxxxx.BGL file is created by a FS9 Facility Editor.