Sign in to follow this  
Guest cloudfreak

questions about the nice 747-400X

Guest cloudfreak

Hi,1.)where can i control the Aileron-Trim Position (there is Indikation for Elevator and Rudder but i don't find it for Aileron)?2.)only a minor matter there is no Engine Start Sound on Engine 2+3 from the "Ahead of Wing View " 3.)2D-Widescreen-Panel from PMDG (any hope in the future)?RegardsJ

1) The Aileron position can be viewed on the lower EICAS by pressing the STAT button. The Trim position can be viewed on the Throttle Quadrant on the upper left hand side.2)Normally Ill start the engines from the 2D panel or VC and Ive never had any sound issues. Perhaps try reinstalling?3) I run a 22" wide screen monitor using a screen resolution of 1600x1200. No issues to report.

Guest cloudfreak

Hi,thanks for answer,but1) i don't talk about Aileron position ,i do talk about Aileron-Trim-Position ,it should also be on the lower EICAS /STAT-Page.2) On 2D-Panel i do hear all 4 Enginestart Sounds too, but on "Ahead of Wing View " i do hear only Enginestart from Engine 1 and 4!3)On 22" wide screen monitors the native resolution is 1680*1050 and so all is stretched!RegardsJ

Guest rcollier

Aileron trim position indicator is on the control column. As you trim the ailerons, the yoke will turn in the trimmed direction, moving the indicator. Look for it in the virtual cockpit, top of yoke.RyanKOSC, KMIA

You wont find Aileron trim on the STAT page of the real or Virtual aircraft (unless it's some strange company option) On the yoke you will see a indicator as the above poster stated, and you can assign it to a controler with fsuipcRob

Rob Prest

Forgive me if I am confusing my airplanes but I believe the 747 has no aileron trim tabs. The aileron trim just changes the center position of the ailerons. Therefore the only indications of any aileron trim is that sticker mentioned above, the yoke won't be level, and you may see a deflection of the ailerons on the STAT page.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Guest cloudfreak

Hi all,if i press the Aileron-Trim-Button left or right nothing happens on the yoke in the VCi cannnot believe that the yoke will turn to trim direktionwould be nice to hear from the PMDG-Team what is right!RegardsJ

Can I ask why you would ever need to use Aileron trim except in a situation when you have a serious flight control fault?Rob

Rob Prest

Guest cloudfreak

Hi Before Takeoff i have to check all controls and trims are in correct positionFuel imbalance i correct with the fuel-override pumps and the fuel main pumpsregardsJ

>Hi all,>>if i press the Aileron-Trim-Button left or right nothing>happens on the yoke in the VC>>i cannnot believe that the yoke will turn to trim direktion>>would be nice to hear from the PMDG-Team what is right!>>Regards>>J

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Hi to all.... I have a question: From PMDG 747 V2 I can hear kind of warning sound when is 1K feet far from the Altitude window set meaning the time to do flaps up (F5 keyboard). But, I don't hear such sound from the PMDG 747 V3. Is it normal or do I need to edit some file?

Patricio Valdes

14 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Hi to all.... I have a question: From PMDG 747 V2 I can hear kind of warning sound when is 1K feet far from the Altitude window set meaning the time to do flaps up (F5 keyboard). But, I don't hear such sound from the PMDG 747 V3. Is it normal or do I need to edit some file?

The first problem is that that warning does NOT indicate that it's time to bring the flaps up (you certainly wouldn't still be trying to retract the flaps at 38,000 feet). It just tells you you're 1,000 feet (to be more accurate, 900 feet) away from the altitude that you put into the altitude window. Check the intro manual on how to set this, as it does tell you there.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

9 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

The first problem is that that warning does NOT indicate that it's time to bring the flaps up (you certainly wouldn't still be trying to retract the flaps at 38,000 feet). It just tells you you're 1,000 feet (to be more accurate, 900 feet) away from the altitude that you put into the altitude window. Check the intro manual on how to set this, as it does tell you there.

Since I am still learning FS I am flying short trips demanding 5K to 8K Altitude and found that if I don't bring flaps up after the sound in question the AC gets overspeed and eventually stalls. So, when such warning or advice sounds I quickly bring flaps up and the fly is smooth. I would like to have such advice sound with PMDG 747 V3 as the V2 does.

Patricio Valdes

I assume you're talking about the alert at 24:34 of this video:

As you can see, I'm getting near 38,000 feet with the flaps retracted, so obviously that isn't a warning to retract the flaps. It sounds like you need to fly the tutorial flight since you are doing something really wrong here. I'm not even sure if you're flying by hand or using the autopilot, but after take-off, normally around 1,500 feet, but can also be a flap setting, you should be reducing to climb thrust, so you shouldn't be at full power on the climb. Also, you need to be watching the PFD to figure out when to retract the flaps, as it'll tell you. Watch the above video from 8:29 and you'll see how I do this. As I'm passing the flaps 10 marker, I bring the flaps up to 10, and as I pass the flaps 5 marker, I bring them up to 5. I'm already passing the flaps up marker at 3,000 feet, and call for it accordingly, so I'm nowhere near the 5,000 to 8,000 feet that you say you're at. As I was flying the flight by hand, you will note that I maintain climb thrust throughout the climb and maintain my speed by adjusting my pitch accordingly.

By the way, I'm not even sure how you overspeed and THEN stall, but you're definitely doing something very wrong if this happens. That said, if you go into the intro manual, page 91, you will see altitude approach aural. That looks like the setting you want, in which case you need to go into the FMC and turn it on. But like I said, it will tell you when you're getting within 900 feet of the altitude that you put in the altitude window. If you are using it as a reference to retract the flaps, you were already doing something wrong in the first place since that's NOT what it was intended for.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.