Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Callmecapt

Comparison please...?

We all know the 747-400 is the most popular, realistic 3rd party add on aircraft for FSX and FS9, however, can someone on the team do some kind of comparison between the MD-11 and the 747-400 for FSX. How close does the 747 come to the MD-11 in overall realism?Goran

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Goran-That is a tough comparison to make for two reasons: These airplanes are VASTLY different, and the MD-11 logic, visual models and sound are a full generation newer in terms of technology.I think you will see many postings and screenshots over the next few days that will help you to see how finely detailed the MD-11 is.From the standpoint of someone who has flown for a living, the PMDG MD-11 is the first FS airplane that really and completely feels and sounds like an airplane to me. I think you will be amazed.

Thanks RobertMy question was primarily derived from Markus' post regarding the generator failures and the procedures required to get the aircraft down safely following a real MD-11 checklist."From the standpoint of someone who has flown for a living, the PMDG MD-11 is the first FS airplane that really and completely feels and sounds like an airplane to me."This statement pretty much answered my question.Goran

>>>From the standpoint of someone who has flown for a living, the>PMDG MD-11 is the first FS airplane that really and completely>feels and sounds like an airplane to me. >Will the same apply to FS9 version?Thank you in advance,Dimitris

Robert,We haven't heard the sounds yet?Could someone do a video please? ;)

>> Maybe tomorrow you can make your ownWhen tomorrow?? :7Best regards,Robin.