Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SjotgunSjonnie

[MD-11][Feature Request]Random Failures

Dear PMDG dev team,I've been enjoying the MD-11 a LOT so far. Outstanding job on this one. Once I feel very comfortable with flying this bird I want to add all kinds of failures in the mix. There is however one thing I dislike about this with the MD-11 as it currently is.The random failures can only be: n times every ten hours. I think the ten hours is a limiting factor. I'd like to fly the aircraft in a normal fashion with the possibility of a failure happening. I do not want to fly the aircraft with the knowledge a failure will most likely happen on this flight.So, what I am proposing is giving us simmers the ability to also select the time. LDS did this with their 767. They allow the user to select n number of failures per day, week, month.Is it possible to add this feature to one of the upcoming patches?Thanks for your time,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I agree. Obviously there are other things to deal with first, but if this failure feature could be added for both the MD11X and 744X that would be amazing! I totally agree that it's not very fun flying when you know a failure is going to happen -- it's better if it happens by total surprise as it would in the real thing.Thanks,Andrew Noble

Hi,I've noticed that once I start getting failures, I get a lot in a relatively short time frame. I find the same with the 744, too (hardly surprising as they appear to be identical failure systems :) ).You can tell it to stop triggering failures after 5 failures - not sure if that would help? I have to agree that the way Level-D did it for the 767 is darn near perfect!Best regards,Robin.

Hi,I agree. It would be great to have a random failure option to "set and forget". Kind regards,Jos

I wish there was an engine fire on takeoff failure too, like on the 747.Callum Green

I agree. That would be awesome to have an enchanced failures panel which has options that are not based on a time frame instead of flight. So it would be superb to set how many percent is the possibility that a failure will happen during current flight. Maybe more than one which is selectable. So it would be more realistic this way the failures scenarios to set for example 50% chance to have a failure during current flight. Please consider this feature-Matyas Majzik

>Hi,>>I agree. It would be great to have a random failure option to>"set and forget". >>Kind regards,>>JosI agree and would really like to see this feature added - if it's possible.