Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pod562

Help needed after MD11 installation

Hello,I purchased and installed MD11 and FS2Crew for FSX as a package and it has installed correctly.However, straight after installtion, my Saitek Joystick is nolonger detected by FSX. Well, the hat switch works but the buttons don't. The buttons configure ok in game controllers, but are not detected by FSX.I know this sounds weird, but the buttons also now do not work in FS2004 and nothing was installed into this game.I should say that I have been using this joystick without issue for over a year.Ok, so this maybe not be strictly a PMDG issue, may be Saitek, may be FSUIPC, but with your vast knowledge and expertise, I hope some of you may be able to make some suggestions.I have tried:1. re-installing Saitek software2. sytems restore on the computerI run windows Vista 32.ThanksPod.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I really don't know of any way the MD-11 installer could affect your joystick driver. Sounds like an odd coincidence to me but not something the MD-11 could have caused.

Same with FS2Crew.Your joystick could have just bit the bullet.However, before you buy a replacement stick, try re-installing Direct X from the Microsoft website.That's my only long shot guess.Cheers,Bryan