Sign in to follow this  

changes to fs2004

Guest nirvana

hey all!i know, that must have been posted thousands of times, but i'll write an e-mail to microsoft with suggestions for fs2004. i know, they won't take it serious, but it's worth a try! :)here are my suggestions:- better ATC (i'd love to have holding patterns! once i had this ATC-comment: "bmi 303, you're cleared to land runway 24L, number 9 for landing. follow boeing 747..." => sorry, but NUMBER 9???)- better ground textures at the airports! the default ones are ugly (e.g. KLAX, KORD, ...)- more realistic airports with gates, moving catering-/fuel-trucks, follow me bus and stuff (FSNat?)- bigger difference between Standard and Pro (but the same price! :-hah :-hah ) => standard for beginners, pro for professionals- a "career-mode"! you've to make your way to the heavies! would be great fun!!that's all so far. if you have any additions, please post them! i'll include them to the e-mail (if you want me to)!kindly regards :-wave=========> peterps: i'm sorry for my lousy english! :-roll

Guest Muppet22

HiYou can get better ATC for free and don't have to wait till FS2004 - join Vatsim!I'd like to see an improved wx model so clouds just don't appear out of nowhere. Also if they could get rid of the blurries that would be nice.Tom EvansBAV 757/767 Training Captain

Guest nirvana

hey! sometimes i fly online with ivao, but i've got to pay my internet-bill (?) by myself so i can't fly online very often!once i was in a holding pattern for an hour above frankfurt virtual airport! THAT was great fun, but after two minutes it's getting boring! :-hah but you know "as real as it gets"! so i kept waiting! and yeah, the blur suxx! :(

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Well...1. Better , more realistic weather simulation (thunderstorms in FS look dull, and rain, well...) 2. Some good turbulence and wind effect... 3. More realistic ground texture. I mean, according to FS2002, most of South America are farms. :-lol4. A better AI traffic engine (current one is VERY flawed)5. Making some advancements on VC usage (Like A320 PIC is about to do, but implemented un default aircraft)6. MUCH more realistic dynamics. (Rudder should cause more effect on the plane, and many many more things...)All I can think of now, but I would probably remember some more... :)Cheers,http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d45c0a74ed4e325.jpgAA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain

I say they tell us how the fde system works so we can make more realistic fdes. :-rollAndrew :-wave

Some good suggestions already, here are mine:1. Weather/Atmosphere Modeling not improved but redone completely! (by far the MOST important thing, IMHO)2. Ground Effect modeled on airplanes3. Ability for the airplane to spin in a stall.4. Tugs that push the jets back as opposed to the flawed pushback.5. Being able to sideslip and forward slip (especially for x-wind landings)6. Better Systems Operations (a la DF737, PIC767, FSMaintenance) 7. Rudder effectively modeledI know there is more, but these are the most important to me.-------------Michael

Hey, I say Microsoft should buy the Fly!II source and implement it with the FS2XXX secenery system!1 Imagine the Fly!II panel system and MSFS's scenery...Also have the FDE system more like the Fly!II flight dynamics...seperate files for wing, ground hadling, electric system, failure file, etc..I think Fly!II is better for the developer!!! The weather system needs upgrading....Fly!2K had THE best weather engine EVER!!!....What about the abilty for FBW? that would be cool.....have a complete new failure system..of aircraft specific ffailures..instead of the generic sh*t like pitot and hydrualics.....just mny views!!!...o and REALISTIC ALPHA EFFECTS

Well, they eventually sorta bought Apple so...

The ability to create scenery as good as Terrascene produces for FLY2.Jim B

Guest nirvana

e-mail is sent! i'll let you know if i get a reply! thanx for your suggestions!

I would like to see a better sky colour because I think it looks a bit too light and varying ground textures for different climate areas (like swimming pools in some yards in hot countries etc. :D ). How about some birds flying around too! :-wave

Guest AAF

Well,-CFS3 style cloud shadows (clouds, for that matter), ground textures-Smoother AI movement-Realistic tarmac modelling (bumpy pavement)-Sounds of the Aircraft shaking and buffeting during ground roll-Wider aircraft selection-REAL LIVERIES-FSNAT like technology-Better looking Autogen houses & conifers-Worn tarmac-More variation in runway width & style-Uneven runways-Modelled co-pilots in VC (and aliased co-pilot commands too?! that would ROCK)-Cloud to cloud lightning, overall better lighting quality-More immersive storm sounds (FS2000, anyone?)-Emergency checklists (Failures, Go-Around) or literature-Not that this'll ever happen, but it would be cool that a planes tire marks stay on the runway not just until the sim closes, but afterwards as well-Better tiremarks, lol-Togglable wing views-A button, gauge, or switch to request a service armada-Ability to control jetways????? A simple CTRL-J and use the arrow keys-GRAYER HAZE AND LOW-VIS CONDITIONS!-An overall 'duller' appearance, FS2002 looks too bright and simulated-Snow drifts, enhanced winter conditions, piling snow would rock-Modelled jetways at EVERY SMALL, MED, & LARGE GATE @ EVERY MID- TO MAJOR AIRPORT!!!-.Cab files for atmospheric phenomena (vortices, in the Style of Project Aircraft's A320)-Better highways & interchanges, anyone?-An easy bundled package to convert FSDS to GMAX, in light of your decision to end compatibility with FSDS aircraft.That's enough, my hands are out of breath :-lol

>e-mail is sent! i'll let you know if i get a reply! thanx >for your suggestions! Hey! Finally another one sending a mail to M$ that's cool. I send mine a couple of months ago (9 pages) and I got a reply, ALTHOUGH:"Unfortunately, we can't respond to individual messages..."Oh dear, a quotation from the FS Insider... :-lolRegards :-wave from EDDFhttp://flightsimmers.net/airport/etti/signature_pro.jpg

How the ability to see the airport beacon when airborn and from a distance as in real life. Anyone who flies VFR knows how much they depend apon these beacons, especialy in locations with multiple airports. Have yet to see a beacon in FS2002 unless directly over the airport or on the tarmac.Mitch