Sign in to follow this  
olivermbs

3D cockpit frame rate

Hello all,I'm just flying around offline and for some reason in the 2D cockpit my FPS counter is showing between 30 and 80FPS, in the 3D cockpit however its between 15-25FPS. Outside Spotview between 40-60FPS and wingview 20-40FPS. I heard many people say that the 3D cockpit view perfomance was equal to that of the 2D cockpit.My specs are:- Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.0Ghz- 4 GB GeIL Black Dragon RAM - BFG nForce 680i SLI- Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit- 74GB WD RAPTOR SATA (10000rpm)- 1 x 200GB SATA 1 x 300 GB SATA - BFG Geforce 8800 ULTRA OC 768Mb- ZALMAN CNPS9700 NT TRITIUM SUPER AERO COOLER- Samsung 223BW 22Inch 1680x1050FSX setting are quite low, and with the default Microlight I get around 90-100FPS in the 3D cockpit. As for the PMDG perfomance menu I have 2D/3D sliders both at the minimum FPS.EDIT: Btw using DirectX 10 preview, nhancer settings: AA 2x Multisampling, AF 8x, Vert Sync On, Neg LOD Clamp.

Oliver,that's pretty normal. Are you seeing stuttering or slowing down of the sim while in the VC?If not, I wouldn't sweat it.

>Oliver,>that's pretty normal. Are you seeing stuttering or slowing>down of the sim while in the VC?>If not, I wouldn't sweat it.Yeah it's no biggy, just I find the VC peformance not enough for smooth performance, let alone when at 5FPS at Aerosoft LHR. Will check out Ops in any case.Thanks

If you system can handle it, you should overclock a bit more. Like 3.6 or something

Juan Ramos

Most people indicate that the VC has more fps hit than the 2D panel, and that's true on my setup as well.Your E6600 cpu is the weak point in your system. In its time the E6600 was a marvel (compared to the P4 that came before it) but it is 1st gen Core2 and now, that cpu is getting a little dated.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Most people indicate that the VC has more fps hit than the 2D>panel, and that's true on my setup as well.>>Your E6600 cpu is the weak point in your system. In its time>the E6600 was a marvel (compared to the P4 that came before>it) but it is 1st gen Core2 and now, that cpu is getting a>little dated.>>Rhett>>FS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3>Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600>Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm>Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate>64>ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GTYep I understand, will probally get a newer C2D or a i7 when they come out.

I still run on a E6600 and it's still fine. Overclocked from 2,4GHz to 3,2 GHz though...Sadly for Intel (ahum, like they would care) the PMD MD-11 is so well made that I don't need to upgrade soon :)Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck

>I still run on a E6600 and it's still fine. Overclocked from>2,4GHz to 3,2 GHz though...>>Sadly for Intel (ahum, like they would care) the PMD MD-11 is>so well made that I don't need to upgrade soon :)>>Best Regards,>Bert Van BulckThanks for your reply Bert. Could you just advise what sort of FPS you get in the Virtual Cockpit? I'm finding the difference between 2D and 3D at the moment like a 50% or more decrease.Thanks

Guest milliotseb

Same for me (50%)Hard to have more than 15fps in VC