Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

Display of FMS-calculated exact fuel ammount?

Guest Susan27

Sorry that I have to ask again:My prep for a short 1h flight are complete...I entered all data into the FMS/MCDU (SID,Route,STAR) etc...the FMS calculated a flight time with the current weight of 0:50h.My question: Where (on which page/sub-page) of the MCDU can I read the *needed* fuel which the FMS calculated *precisely* for that flight...? So where can I find that info exactly concerning the *FMS-calculated* fuel ammount for that trip...?Thanks very much! :)

Hi,* Input your COMPLETE route (you can omit the STAR)* Provide a CI and a cruise altitude* INIT Page 2, enter aircraft ZFW, ZFWCG. Guess a figure for the flight (approx. 15,000 lbs/hr). FOr a 250 nm flight, I find I need ~30,000 lbs fuel to get 45 mins extra fuel after the calcs.Enter this fuel into the BLOCK line. Wait approx. 10 seconds. Press CLR twice (you will see the page update). If the extra fuel time is something crazy like 3 hours, reduce the block fuel slightly, and try again.It's a bit trial-and-error, but it works!Best regards,Robin.

Guest Susan27

Thanks Robin, I will try that method on the next flight for sure (because my first longer flight ended with too much fuel left in the tanks!) :)

Pilot's three best friends: Fuel in the tank, runway ahead and altitude below.

Dan Downs KCRP

I agree with Dan - you can never have too much fuel, unless you're on fire. ;)Best regards,Robin.

>Pilot's three best friends: Fuel in the tank, runway ahead>and altitude below.Don't forget us FA's my friend, we offer something for you to look at and we can supply endless coffee..A senior Captain once told a new FO 'a flight attendant can be your best friend ever, or your total worse nightmare... never cross them' lol Kimberly.

Treat 'em like the bosses secretary.

Dan Downs KCRP