Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muppet22

Greatest Airline 737-400 or Pro AirBus 320 Which is B

Guest Stanner1953

I only have money to buy one sim. I have been thinking of the 737-400 Greatest Airline sim or the Pro Air Bus 320. I would like your opinion as to which one you think is the better add on sim.I would prefer a sim that is somewhat realistic with different available liveries, but at the same time with a reasonable time for a learning curve. I do not want to spend weeks learning to fly the aircraft, and constantly having to fly the aircraft in order just to be able to stay proficient at a minimum level.I welcome your suggestions and opinions.Thank you.Stanner

Guest nirvana

you will need FS2002 for both of them!!! they're only add-ons!! regards, peter

Guest Stanner1953

I realize that these are only add ons. I do have FS2002 Pro.Stanner

Guest gasebah

Hi,right they are only add-ons, but let us assume that you have FS2002.If you do not want to get into learning, reading and trying stay away of both these planes. Especially from the bus.Get one of them turboprops first if you want something a lttle complex yet easy to use right away. I would suggest the Cessna 421C Golden Eagle. It really is a nice plane.Alex

Hi StannerI would also agree with Alex's choice, the FSD Cessna 421C. The 737 and A320 packages you mentioned require much study and practice. If however you are willing to follow the tutorial flights I would highly recommend the PSS A320. It can't be beat !! I would think what you describe here though is the default FS2002 aircraft. Real world liveries are available in the AVSIM file library. I have been a participant in these forums and flying sim aircraft for several years and I am still learning.:-) This is why I love it!!SteveCYYZ

Guest Muppet22

I *wouldn't* recommend Dreamfleet for anything.The 'support' forum is only for people who have good comments about their products. Also the LOC & GS performance of the 737 is abismal, at best.Tom EvansBAV 757/767 Training Captain

Guest gasebah

I agree with the support forum, c my reaction to today's locked thread thread but you can really handle the glideslope with a little experience and the right approach speed. I really do not like the arrogance of these people but hey, the product is great.Alex

Guest flightpro08

I for one actually like Dreamfleet as a company far more than I do PSS. Yes, they both make fantastic products, and I fly them all the time, but Dreamfleet gets my vote over PSS anyday.People like Lou Betti are the reason why flight simulation is so great, they're people who've had a lot of real world experience and wish to express their love for avaiation in our flightsim community. Dremfleet has put up with more than their fair share of angry people, yet they still have not gone to a "Preview before it's Posted" forum like the 'other guys' have. I have a lot of respect towards Dreamfleet for doing this, it shows true commitment to thier loyal 'fans' by not giving into the 1% or people on their boards looking for trouble.Both companies offer great support, don't get me wrong. If I really didn't like one or the other, I wouldn't buy their products. ;-) The whole "The LOC and GS on the DF734 doesn't work" deal is not true, mine works just fine. Then why are people having problems with it? It's because they don't fly the aircraft correctly. The DF734 happens to be a bit more picky about V-Speeds and intercept angles than other aircraft, and I personally like this. It forces you to actually read and study the manual. It also makes you a better pilot, and in the long run, you'll appreciate this. Just my 2 cents. :-)

And as I say in any response like this... this tread was in no way intended to flame anyone or any company. :-)

Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer

>I only have money to buy one sim. I have been thinking of >the 737-400 Greatest Airline sim or the Pro Air Bus 320. >I would like your opinion as to which one you think is the >better add on sim. Hi,If I only had one choise, I wouldn

Staffan

These slams against Dreamfleet are completely unwarranted - that issue of glideslope and localizer capture has been explained and beaten to death god knows how many times on their forum - it's not their fault and they're sick of seeing the topic come up!!! The DF737 was designed and coded under FS2000 where the autopilot was good. MS screwed it up royally in FS2002 and as a result the DF737 has some problems autolanding in FS2002. Go try it yourself - install FS2000 and watch it nail it on the numbers everytime. DF was not about to spend hundreds of hours creating a brand new custom autopilot to appease people using FS2002 for FREE. Lou has stated many times that there will probably eventually be a new DF737 released with the NG panel, a new autopilot, and a GMAX model. The FS2002 patch was a gift - they DID NOT have to do that for us. Go fly their FS2002-native Piper Archer and find just ONE problem with it - I've been flying it for months and there are ZERO issues I can see.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Muppet22

>>>>It's because they don't fly the aircraft correctly.I'll bite my tongue.Tom EvansBAV 757/767 Training Captain

This is just my feeling but I know hundreds (actually thousands of simmers) love the DF GA 737!Why you ask?Simple!You get photo realistic panel (no hand drawn panels), you get a great working FMC, overhead, Nav/com panel, APP (I will get into this below), FA and pilot chatter, and 100's of FREE liveries. Oh and pretty darn good performance, also add moving map, TCAS, and more that I have forgotten.Some people say the AP stinks to them ask me why the AP works just fine for all of the over 200 FS2002 patch beta testers, as well as the developers?I have dozens of photos showing a good AP/LOC capture no issues what so ever as well as a good auto land. This is all fact not fiction. Also with DF 737 you get well over 200+ Free liveries, the TOM (Tex-O-Matic) that allows you to create any scheme you want, also you get load master.IMHO the only real choice is the DF 737.Now if you want a heavy jet I have two words for you PIC 767 :)The FMC will take some time to get used to be the tutorials are very good, plus they have a nice audio tutorial that will direct you step by step how to setup the FMC (No other company offers this)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Such a dangerous thread. :)If you bought either of the two (or even PIC 767), you would not be going wrong.* PSS Airbus - You get a GREAT visual model, well-functioning systems, and a good feel overall. You also get Airbus's little quirks and quandries. But if you haven't learned Boeing yet, you'll probably be OK. Liveries are not free, unfortunately. * DF 737 - You get a good visual model, with HUNDREDS of FREE liveries available. And the toolkit to make your own. It is a stable package, and because 737's are so common in the skies, you may find yourself flying this one more than others. * PIC 767 - Hands down bar none, you get THE best rendition of an aircraft's flying feel and systems management for MSFS. If you want to learn how a real pilot flies an airliner, this one will make you learn. The visual model is not great, but its fixable through replacement. PIC 767, a few years after its initial release, is STILL the king of the skies in my book. All three have excellent things to offer a sim enthusiast. It may be easier to learn Boeing's first though - the PSS manual is written knowing that many of its users have first flown Boeings, and adds little gotcha-notes to the text. I would recommend the 737 first, then graduate to the 767, then perhaps slide into a second major with the Airbus. Good luck with whatever you choose,-Greg

WARNING: PERSONAL OPINION FOLLOWS -- CONSUME WITH CARE. ;-)IMHO, I'd rank these as follows for the following reasons:1. 767 Pilot in Command. Most functioning systems, lowest framerate impact of the three panels, easy to use FMC (thanks to keyboard assist). The visual model is not up to speed, but the panel works magnificently with the POSKY birds, so who cares. Bonus: I've seen this addon at Electronics Boutique for as low as $19.99. 2. Dreamfleet-Greatest Airliners 737. Great panel, possibly the one I fly the most (I like short haul), great audio FMC tutorials. Not so great on the frames, partially because the FMC runs external to FS. The visual model is very disappointing. Inaccurate and unnecessarily framerate-heavy. Fuselage cross-section and engine shape are completely off.3. PSS Airbus A32X. Great looking panel, but buggy. Flight dynamics are questionable. The aircraft has some odd behavior at low speeds. Magnificent looking Virtual Cockpit, but until someone figures out how to make clickable switches in VC mode, I don't see much of a point in VCs. Inaccurate visual model. The nose looks like it's from some other aircraft not made by Airbus and the landing gear is way too high. No match for the freeware Project Airbus model. Plus, if you're buying online, getting all the liveries you would want can get expensive. Misha