Sign in to follow this  
Guest ewernst

Eric is checking in......here I am to clear the air.

Guest joea

Ernst, I remember, not sure if you remember me. Was deeply invovled in FS, here and at FS.com once spoke to Lou by telephone when in NYC (I am Canuck but have relatives there) but didn't have the chance to come out to see you. Doing a PhD in history in Geneva Switzerland...in my final year and working part time in an IGO to boot. So I have been visiting the FS forums (and playing) very infrequently ... something broke for me too for a few months after 9/11. I also spent more time on history and military forums (goes with the times), and got into other genres, strategic land and sea games (WWII) and got into the IL2/Forgotten Battles/Pacific Fighters series. Mostly working on the dissertation and life.Never lost contact with the DF guys over at SF and lately have been lurking here more...you know 2 years ago met Lee Hetherington for a beer who was in Geneva on business (he posted some pics of a flight he took right here on the forum). My gosh, I still have FS2002!! Oh I have a good system now and would like to upgrade to 2004 I actually haven't flown the 767 for over 6 months. I still do short little VFR flights to relax though. I am glad you are OK and hope things will pick up soon. You know, airlines and aviation are here to stay, even if the form will change.;) Just recall that shipping didn't stop in centuries past because of storms or pirates, people will continue to travel. Good to see you back.

Hi Eric,Thanks for your contributions to this hobby and best of luck in whatever you do..Your manual for the 767 PIC product in my opinion, remains the benchmark for clear, concise documentation for a sim. I didn't know how to truly USE the FMC until I worked my way through your manual. Truly fantastic work.The sim ain't too bad either ;-)God speed,a big fan.

Guest 767simfan2

Eric,Thank you for the reply. Before responding let me say a few words to those who are so fast to condemn with their responses.Ever since I

Guest N0315

Eric,I can't really think of anyone that brought the flight sim world closer to real than you did. I'd just like to say I am working on my commercial pilots license and will, this summer, be getting my CFI, CFII, MEI. Though I am not employed with an airline or any flying company, clearly, I do feel for the situation you're in. I too look at it with much doubt and I too get scared about it, and I am not even working yet. I must say that I cannot agree more with what you said and I wish you ad your family the best of luck. Maybe some day you'll be my capt. ;-)

Guest LLgaz

Welcome back Eric. Good to see you're doing well. Hopefully looking forward to future FS addons from you and the rest of the team.

Guest ewernst

Hawkman,Your anonymous transparency is showing. It is interesting to see that you bring up the TWA integration. This is clearly your

Guest B Van Caulart

HAWKMAN, Why would you not support a project based on a mans post? Are you bitter because of something he did to you in the past? Why don't you post your real name like a man so it can be banned from the LDS download links when they come available? That would be a good thing. I've seen people like you many times... They are called the enemy. Usually it is self induced based on a mental balance out of wack. You are a real piece of cake. Sad and pathetic that we have people like you in the world, always starting wars and tension.

Guest 767simfan2

Ryan,Thank you for the reply. Your points regarding your dad are very well taken. Please do not be offended when I say this;However, IMHO, your dad

Guest 767simfan2

Eric,Thanks again for the reply. Not sure where you

Guest 767simfan2

Bill,Just a piece of friendly advice, you might want to read what I wrote in my second message to Eric about "pack mentality," and respecting others who may not hold the same opinions here as you.

Guest ewernst

Hawkman,It is obvious that you have read my story with a distrustful eye. The post was written to explain my absence from the sim world. My job is a big part of the reason for that absence. Any story that I tell would have to include these details because it is such an integral part of my current situation. It is interesting that an anonymous "somebody" who does not know me has my motivations all figured out.I have friends from TWA as well. What is your point? I just recently flew with two TWA Captains. Those flights were some of the most enjoyable and informative flights I have had in years. It sucks what we have all been put through. The union and the airline are to blame for that.None of this changes the opinions I expressed in the post. And they are opinions I am sharing with my non-airline friends that I had built up in this community over the years. You see, not everybody is privy to the inner workings of the airline world. Obviously you are, and you have some problem with my opinions. So be it.Eric.

Okay, Mr. Hawk:Here's how it works in the real world of business: Fish swim.Fish get eaten by bigger fish.Big fish eventually die and feed the little fish.Fish swim.Daryl ShuttleworthDS 3339

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Hawkman (WHY don't you use your own, real name??),I'd like to suggest you take a deep breath, and think long and hard about what you are writing in this forum.Really, just HOW does it affect mr. Ernst as a person, if YOU or YOUR BUDDIES have gotten the boot after the merger you are talking about ? You must be either stupid or seriously misinformed to think that Eric Ernst was somehow responsible for that merger taking place OR for the fact that someone important to you lost his/her job in the after-effects.Your behaviour and comments here border on ridiculous. Eric Ernst is the original creator of the 767 series panels, and us PIC fans owe HIM a LOT. It angers me to read in a public forum that someone who claims to be a PIC fan would openly blame Eric Ernst for something that he obviously has had NO control over. And if that's not enough, your comments about his involvement in the project being something negative make me want to puke.IF you have something personal against Eric, something that you obviously want to "have fun with" in a public forum, PLEASE take that matter elsewhere, away from 767PIC simulator fan forum, away from this thread that is NOT meant for this kind of ####!Tero

PPL(A)

just ignore the troll bait guys. Its only somone trying to start flames...he will no doubt respond to me..but Who cares lolGary HayesLevel-D Simulations Development TeamNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.