Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest CapHavoc

Textures for the Goose

I might get the old airliner on the ground in an emergency, but, how do I add those new paint jobs for the Gruman Goose? The up loaders forgot to tell us newbies. How do we add that paint job? Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Howdy,1. Rename and then copy the texture folder to your goose a/c folder. When renaming it, use something like: texture.1, or texture.2, et cetera. For this example I'll use my BFU repaint (a work in progress), which is titled: texture.1 2. Open your goose aircaft folder and look for the file titled: aircraft.3. Open this file with Notepad. The first entry (in square brackets, mind you) is the default a/c. 4. Simply copy and paste that entry below the default one, changing it to reflect the specific paint job. Below is the configuration as I have it set up.(fltsim.0)title=Grumman Goose G-21sim=goosemodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=goose_checkkb_reference=goose_refatc_type=GRUMMANatc_model=G21atc_id_enable=1atc_id=N4575Cui_manufacturer=Grummanui_type=G21 ui_variation=Goosedescription=The Goose is a light, twin-engine amphibian transport plane, designed by Grumman primarily for the civil market. The eight-seat design first flew on 29 May 1937. Originally envisioned as a shuttle for Manhattan millionaires to cruise down to Miami for the weekend, the Goose rapidly became the utility plane of choice for several small air companies, as well as a primary rescue plane for the Coast Guard and other agencies. Its amphibious nature, generous interior space, and rugged construction enabled the Goose to go just about anywhere that a plane could conceivably go. These days the only Gooses in active use are to be found in the Caribbean or in Canada, Alaska, and the Pacific Northwest, where amphibious planes are still the most convenient way to get around. Only 345 of these superlative planes were ever built before production ceased in 1945.atc_heavy=0atc_airline=Privateatc_flight_number=ZKLGD(fltsim.1) <<

That is easy.....

Go to "My Computer"  then double click on Program files (x86), then go to Microsoft games and double click on it, then double click on MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X, scroll down to simobjects and double click on it, then double click airplanes, then scroll down to Grumman Goose G21, add your texture file, then scroll down to the aircraft CFG and double click to open, scroll down to the last entry that reads [ftsim.  ] and copy and paste the cfg to it making the XX the next available number in your list....

Example.

[fltsim.1]

title=Grumman_Goose_G21A 56621

[fltsim.xx] change to  [fltsim.2]

title=Grumman_Goose_G21A Sweden

I would assume that if they haven't figured it out in 11 years that they probably gave up, but thanks for posting.

[edit]

Hmmmm, an FSX post from 2002 ?????

[/edit]

And apparently the two OP's joined AvSim 43 years 6 months and 5 days ago..... :huh: :lol: