Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Remember Sega ??

Sega at one time had the dominant market share in the gaming business but failed to keep up with technology and is now almost gone. Vatsim should be concerned that it could happen to them. I fly exclusively on Vatsim and certainly hope they don't go this way but with other online flying groups releasing updated Pilot, Controller and Voice clients and Vatsim seemingly unable to get a product out (I have been hearing about SB3 and a voice client for a year!!!) quickly one has to wonder what the future holds. Let's hope I am wrong and SB3 along with the new Voice software is out in short order.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Martin,Not to doubt you but "almost ready for release" and another favorite, "coming soon" have lost all meaning in regards to FS/FS addons and patches/upgrades. I swear I think some developers ideas of coming soon and almost ready for release mean anywhere from a few days to 6 months.

Eric 

I just took a look at worldflight this week and they are already running the new voice client beta. It is working completley fine.Finally flying on vatsim isn't about how much new software you can put on your machine. It's about flying realistically in airspace with good and professional guys giving you good air traffic controll.We keep on getting these new networks, when it'd be best if we had only 2 in my opinion. 1 would be better, but we do need the less traffic version for beginners in the hobby, Logging onto Socal or Heathrow and being told you are 'number 8 to depart taxy hold short runway 24 left break American 282 runway 24 right winds 220 at 4 cleared to land' is a little daunting but THAT is what it's about! not the software (though the new stuff is nice all the same, especially ASRC and having a squawkbox which can show the aircraft more consistently on screen without having them jump around on the taxiways and having some nice new features like using frequencys more etc)I do have some fun ideas I'd like to see implimented one day (Re-implemented with one) mostly to do with ATIS and automated frequencys and the like. but that's for another thread I guess.