Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

SB Relay and FS9

Guest sb55mv

Hi All, I'm having the same issues / problems as R.Ross, I will post his question down below this, I have only had a few instances where I can connect, these I can count on one hand, I don't know what the cause of this,and I'm hoping that someone might know, I too have tried turning off my firewall etc,but I don't like doing this,but even then it made no difference at all!last night for egsample was the weirdest I have had yet, I tried to connect SB Relay to FS9, it didn't find the session with or without the 127.0.0.1, and I just selected Host a session, I then connected to SB Host etc, I saw NO other players in my session, but I could hear the usual noises from a controler sending a message to another pilot, I even had the ''Ding Dong'' sound of a controler sending ME a message,but didn't see it on the screen, I was confirmed by a controler at EGCC that he had me on radar in the game etc, but I saw no-one else at all. so I disconnected the multiplayer host session and re-tried to Join a multiplayer session using the search, again i used a blank space, then when that failed I tried it again using the 127.0.0.1, but once again the search came up empty, this I feel is extremly weird indeed, and all I can say is roll on SB3, below is the message posted by R.Ross,thanks for any ideas / input,Steve.I can only very occasionally get multiplayer and SBRelay to connect together. I have re-installed Directx (latest version), SB, joined as a "naked" host and attempted to re-connect, typed in 127.0.0.1, changed port settings, removed firewalls (including XP), antuivirus software, run in Full Screen and still when I press "search" in the multiplayer connect box nothing happens. I have looked for answers in many newsgroups, read tutorials in VATSIM, re-read readme files with SBRelay etc. etc. but been unable to find an answer.I have a new AMD 3000+ with a NVIDA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra Graphics card and 1000 meg Ram with XP Professional

You say that you turned off your firewalls? What type of firewalls are we talking about? How are you connecting to the internet(direct from host machine/LAN/router)? It will undoubtly be a port setting somewhere. Let us know the above and I'll dig out my notes.ChuckCYXU

Guest sb55mv

>You say that you turned off your firewalls? What type of>firewalls are we talking about? How are you connecting to the>internet(direct from host machine/LAN/router)? It will>undoubtly be a port setting somewhere. Let us know the above>and I'll dig out my notes.>>Chuck>CYXUHi Chuck,I just fire up IE6 to make sure I'm connected as I'm on BT Opnworld allways connected etc,but after firing up the computer I have to start the conn by opening up IE6 or something that needs the net connection,I then fire up Servinfo, SB Relay,then FS9, after that it's SB,I am behind Norton Internet Security 2004,which has Norton Anitvirus built into it as well,I have even tried this with them turned off to no avail, and I have even made a rule for SB Relay in my firewall rules,I am confused that I have been able to connect to it on a few occasions, but then mostly I can't seem to connect,or see it in multiplayer,when I first install a prog and run it for the first time, NIS askes me what I want to do, so I go through the rules by making it open to both traffic inbound,and outbound, on TCP and UDP,etc and any computer, I have even tried through the port setting itself when it said that it wants to use port 53 (I can't remember egsactly)any help would be greatly received,Steve

Guest russell

Hi guys, I'm the author of SBRelay.Looks like Chuck beat me to the message I was gonna post here -- thanks for that :-)Yes, I've added a new help page, and the first item on that page explains how to disable the UPnP service on your machine (if you're running XP). Several users have reported that this fixed the problem they were having, not being able to find the session in SBRelay.If anyone tries this fix (for this particular problem), I'd appreciate it if you report your results here.Thanks,Russell Gilbert (OzzieYank)http://www.chocolatesoftware.com

Guest sb55mv

Hi Chuck and Russell,I just folowed you're tip and instructions, but no joy, I didn't however get asked to re-start XP when I stopped and disabled the service, and it didn't do anything for me in the issue I'm having connecting through SB Relay to FS9, I am however just going to re-boot the machine and see if anything changes, if it doesen't then I amy well just physically Boot the machine with my size 9's, it won't fix the problem but!, it will make me feel better,wil let you know in a short while,but thank you both all the sameSteve,

Guest sb55mv

Well, Bugger me. I just re-booted (not with my shoe) and hey presto, I can now connect SB Relay to FS9,I will be posting again on Sunday Night guy's to let you know if this has fixed it full stop, or if this is just one of the rare times that it actualy let's me connect,thank you both once again, and Russell. thank you also for taking the time to make a freeware prog for us all to use.Steve

Guest russell

Fantastic news, Steve!It won't actually prompt you to reboot your machine, but some have said that it fixed the problem immediately, even without rebooting. But it looks like it depends on what you had running at the time, so to be safe, I'm going to tell people to reboot, in the instructions.Thanks for letting me know. I'd still be interested to hear from other people that try it as well.Russell

Guest sb55mv

>Fantastic news, Steve!>>It won't actually prompt you to reboot your machine, but some>have said that it fixed the problem immediately, even without>rebooting. But it looks like it depends on what you had>running at the time, so to be safe, I'm going to tell people>to reboot, in the instructions.>>Thanks for letting me know. I'd still be interested to hear>from other people that try it as well.>>Russellwell Russell!,I can as I said now connect SBR to FS9, but I have to keep pressing the Search button about 5 or 6 times until it finds it,(any ideas as to why?) but apart from that it now seems to be working,as I said before I will report back to you here on Sunday with the definitive news,cheers matey.Steve,

Guest sb55mv

Well as reported the other day Russell, the problem has now gone away, thank you for the help, and glad you spotted it as well, and thanks also to Chuck for helping,and spotting you're latest note on the chocolateware site, I haden't thought of looking there as I had been there not long ago,and contacted you too, but this little XP fix wasen't listed there,just goes to show that you must keep checking the sites all the same,Chers Guy'sSteve,

Good morning Russell:I disabled UPnP and see no difference.Please note that my problem may be slightly different than the original posting. I can connect but.....I find that I can connect, it just often takes several tries.I start SBRelay. Then try to connect to multiplayer. Sometimes the SBRelay connection is immediately shown. Sometimes I have to close the mustiplayer window and try again two, three or four times and then it connects. For what it might be worth.Thanks:RTH

Sorry to hear that you're having troubles. We might need a little more info to try to help you though. Firstly, you disabled UPnP, that's good. Are you using a router or a firewall? Have you tried to open any ports? There are listings of various ports that need to be open at the Vatsim Pilot Resource Center. Even though SBRelay is used as an interface, it needs to see those ports. Let us know what you have and what you have tried and we'll see if help can be found.ChuckCYXU

>Good morning Russell:>>I disabled UPnP and see no difference.>>Please note that my problem may be slightly different than the>original posting. I can connect but.....>>I find that I can connect, it just often takes several tries.>>I start SBRelay. Then try to connect to multiplayer. Sometimes>the SBRelay connection is immediately shown. Sometimes I have>to close the mustiplayer window and try again two, three or>four times and then it connects. >>For what it might be worth.>>Thanks:>RTHI have exactly the same problem.I have a modem/router with its own firewall feeding the LAN on which the two PC's are connected.The router forwards the necessary ports in the PC which has SquawkBox & AVC329037823783680923456 (guessed its for MSFS MP)AVC works fine (it did not before the ports forward)I disabled UPnP in both PCs and the router modem.Still the problem persists exactly as described by RTH.I try mto run SBRelay both on the main PC and the second. MSFS rarelly recognizes it.I have WinXP SP1 and Norton Internet Security (firewall).I have set SBRelay in Norton to be allowed to function unblocked.Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest russell

Hi Kyprianos,The ports you should be forwarding are actually these:TCP 47624 (Squawkbox, FS2002, SBRelay)UDP 2300 to 2400 (Squawkbox, FS2002, FS2004, SBRelay)UDP 6073 (FS2004, SBRelay)SBRelay uses both the "DirectX 7" and "DirectX 8" methods on this page:[a href=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q240429&]DirectX: Ports Required to Play on a Network[/a]I think 3782 and 3783 are for RW, but I haven't heard about 3290 and 6809. 23456 is not needed for SBRelay, only when hosting with FS2004 or FSHost.Russell

>Hi Kyprianos,>>The ports you should be forwarding are actually these:>>TCP 47624 (Squawkbox, FS2002, SBRelay)>UDP 2300 to 2400 (Squawkbox, FS2002, FS2004, SBRelay)>UDP 6073 (FS2004, SBRelay)>>SBRelay uses both the "DirectX 7" and "DirectX 8" methods on>this page:>>[a>href=http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q240429&]DirectX:>Ports Required to Play on a Network[/a]>>I think 3782 and 3783 are for RW, but I haven't heard about>3290 and 6809. 23456 is not needed for SBRelay, only when>hosting with FS2004 or FSHost.>>Russell3290 is for AVC voice6809 is for ASRC voiceWhere should I forward these ports you mentioned ?To the PC running FS or to the PC running SB ?I can run SBRelay and AIBridge on whichever you suggest me.I'll test them this afternoon.Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vateud.org/images/vatsim-eurs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440