Sign in to follow this  
dogs53

Air France -- recommend another virtual

Hi All...I signed up to join Air France this weekend b/c I wanted an airline that wasn't too rigid, and could yet provide some structure. Their website seemed to imply that I could fly flights from Delta & Continental Virtual, so I signed up...Then came the problems... 1. They want me to fly the first flight in 7 days... no problem, but it seems like the only flights that I can fly is the European Flights... I tried to download an ATR 72 for one, and the instructions to install were only in French... I live in the US, and no luck getting it installed.2. I registered to the Forum (Fighting Tiger)... but it won't let me in and keeps sending me weird error messages.3. I seem to need to use ACARS to prefile my flights, and clicked on the link on Air France's site to download, and the version isn't up to date, and it indicates to download the latest version from "the web site"... but it doesn't say which one to go to.This is starting to be like work. Can someone either help with the above and convince me that it is worth it, or recommend another site. I have over 400 hours with a Virtual, and am a good pilot... but I'd like one with a bit more structure.Thanks...Bob

Hi Bob,I may be biased, but I would recommend looking at [a href=http://www.nobleair.com]Noble Air[/a].We have a variety of hubs around the world and each offers a little bit of a different experience. I know at the Chicago Hub, we try to give a little bit of "structure" to the flying.:-beerchug

Bob,Feel free to check us out at www.midconair.com Don Van WormerHR DirectorMidCon Airlines

>I signed up to join Air France this weekend b/c I wanted an>airline that wasn't too rigid, and could yet provide some>structure. Their website seemed to imply that I could fly>flights from Delta & Continental Virtual, so I signed up...Have you checked out www.afva.net or www.deltava.org?Cheers!Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Unless I miss my guess, you are referring to the FTG Air France, which seems to be having some issues lately. Flying Tigers Group does have 20 full VA's that one can fly any flight for, and over 60 code-share partners. I would suggest being patient, and addressing your issues via the FTG message board. There's a good bunch of people associated with this VA, and you'll likely get the kind of feedback and help needed if you go this way.