Sign in to follow this  
Guest usajet93

ALL INTEL & AMD USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest usajet93

Please post your system configuration of your computer that runs flawlessly in FS2004. I'm looking to build my third computer to run FS2004 with no hesitation or pausing want it to run with no problems.(Smooth as Silk).ExampleMotherboardCPU and socket typeMemory and how muchVideo cardSound cardHard drivePower supplyAnd if it is overclocked or not

Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum 54G nForce3 Ultra 4DDR-DIMM 5PCI SATA Raid Audio GB-LAN Firewire Socket939 ATXCPU: AMD Athlon64 3500+ Socket939Memory: Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PRO 2x512Mb (tot. 1024Mb) DDR PC3200 CAS2 400Mhz PRO Series with activity LEDs Video card: MSI NX6800Ultra GeForce 6800Ultra 256Mb DDR3 TV-out DVI RETAIL AGPSound card: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy2 bulk PCIHard drive: Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74Gb 10000rpm 8Mb cache S-ATAPower supply: Aspire ATX-AS500W 3 FAN Aluminium Black 520W ATXWorks for me, I think :DCheersJohan "Whats VNAV?!?!" Adolfsson

Guest ChkSix

Mine is in my sig. I can play all the way up to 2048x1536.Mike :-waveP4 3.2E @4.00ghz 250FSBDFI Lanparty Pro875B Rev B1gb Corsair XMS PC3500 2-3-3-6 @2.75vNvidia BFG 6800 Ultra OCSB Audigy2 Platinum ExSony CPD-G520 21' MonitorLiquid Cooled GoodnessPics: http://community.webshots.com/user/chksix2002 (NEW Gallery FS9@ 2048x1536!!!)

I can run with everything maxed out and get frames at KLAX around 20-30...still nice and smooth..the most I have seen my frames at around 80Regards,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest C17SimGuy

I'm following in ChkSix's footsteps. . .but haven't OC'd yet.Asus P4C-800 Delux (BIOS v1016)P4 3.4 Socket 478 (still burining in, then OC time, baby!)1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3700 (DDR 467)Asus Radeon 9800XT (built by ATI, board by Asus) Catalyst 4.9 driversCreative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZSWester Digital Caviar 7200RPM 80GB ATA 133 HDD (8MB Seek cache)Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB ATA 133 HDD (Also 8MB seek cache)(edit I accidentally put 72000 RPMs. . .wouldn't that be fast!)Antec TruePower 400W power supplyNot OC'd yet, but will be soon!Specialties:Danger Den Intel478 Maze4 WaterblockDanger Den i875 Chipset Maze4 WaterblockDanger Den GPU WaterblockBay ReservoirAll 1/2" clearflex tubingBlackIce ExtremeII RadiatorHydor L35 420GPH pumpFS is smooth as a baby's butt, so I can't imagine what it will be like OC'd. OF course, there are combinations of SW that will still tax the heck outa your setup regardless of how fast it is. . .ie Simflyers Scenery, in PMDG 737, with full 3D clouds in a storm, and 100% AI traffic courtesy of PAI. . .But, the "slowdown" is not NEARLY as noticable as it was with my old P4 2.4. . .Whatever you decide, have fun! Chksix: I'll be asking you some questions down the road when it's time to OC my computer!-drew-

Guest ChkSix

Whenever you need me Drew, I'll be here. MSN is chksix2002@hotmail.com, Yahoo is chksix2002, and AOL is Brklyn204. Love your system specs by the way!Mike :-waveP4 3.2E @4.00ghz 250FSBDFI Lanparty Pro875B Rev B1gb Corsair XMS PC3500 2-3-3-6 @2.75vNvidia BFG 6800 Ultra OCSB Audigy2 Platinum ExSony CPD-G520 21' MonitorLiquid Cooled Goodness[a href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chksix2002] My Pics plus FS9@2048x1536! [/a]

Not the latest system, but it runs FS9 without problems:Asus A7N8X DeluxeAthlon XP 3000+ (333MHz)1GB Kingston PC2700Radeon 9800 ProAudigy 2WD 120GB 7200 w/8MBEnermax 460WCPU overclocked to XP3200+, Graphics card softmodded to 9800XT.Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest usajet93

I just got a new MOBO and It's great the !!!!!!!!!!! ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe1gig of OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Dual Channel Platinum DDR PC-3200ATI 256 X800 Pro with the Thermaltake Extreme Giant III Heatsink160 gig Seagate SATA HDDSound Blaster

Guest kilo_sierra17

Thats good except for the processor, only a 533 FSB is going to slow you down, you should've gone with an 800 much faster, and how does a 3.06GHZ come out to a 3.2 or 3.4 northwood?

Guest usajet93

I ment I'm choseing between the Intel 3.2gig or the 3.4gig northwood cpu

My system runs with all settings maxed (yes all except mip map 5). Using PMDG737 800 VC, UK 2000 Gatwick, Ultimate Traffic and Active Sky I got about 10fps. Moving to Alaska away from airports with the Real Air SF260 it went up to around 120 fps. The graphic card had all settings maxed except anti aliasing at 4x.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Mike, I'm looking to upgrade my monitor only at present..... could you please let me know what the physical size of your Sony unit is? I'm trying to decide on the biggest screen size to fit into my desk....limited space. Also if you are really satisfied with this monitor. Thanks. Regards Blue

Dell XPS Dimension 2004 Generation III SystemCPU: Prescott Pentium 4E 3.4 GHzRam: 1GB of DDR2 (533) MHz Dual ChannelVideo: ATI PCI-Expressx16 channel 256 MB X800XT Graphics CardSound Card: Audigy 2(D)igitalPower Module: 460 watts Dell Custom InstallDell 5.1 speaker system with Dolby Digital engaged----------------------------------------The above spec'ed system is giving me awesome flight-sim performance. Using ATI's (Dell Tweaked) May 15th,2004 release of the X800XT driver suite, I have a system that NEVER goes below 25 frames FPS when in demanding ground scenery,like JFK with tons of downloaded and installed A.I. aircraft doing their thing about and around my aircraft---- but averages about 35 FPS. In the air? Reporting in the constant 80 FPS range. Totally amazing! The Cat 4.9 driver suite gave me slightly less performance than the Dell-Tweak custom Cat drivers. I have gone back to using them after downloading and trying ATI's latest off their website.The ATI PCI-express 256 meg X800XT gives graphics that truly mimic real life. The 3D clouds are something special now to fly through and past. The special effects from this card must be seen to be appreciated!With this system, I have basically made everything active and at its highest setting. This system makes your setup 'set n' forget'!!!Most Highly sanctioned by myself. On this system as spec'ed above, FPS goals and obtainment is now a ***mute and redundant point***. Set and Forget. Just fly.......and let the eye-candy within FS9 do the rest....:)Cheers!Mitch R.

Read the signature.OC 3.0 -> 3.3.You could buy newer Radeon though :)