Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

US National Landclass Beta 5 available . . .

Hi All,I just posted Beta 5 athttp://www.fsgenesis.netThis revision extends coverage to the Pacific Ocean, completing the full US mainland coverage. Also, revised several Metropolitan areas,There are still some questionable index mapping in the Great Basin area and I need some feedback from those familiar with the region.I may release one more beta to address these issues before the first Phase 2 release, so if you have any revisions to submit, please do so. The preferred method is use the new FSGenesis BugTracker found under the Support tab. This will make it much easier to track and organize the issues and revisions to come.Beta 5 is a free download. Go check it out . . .ThanksJustinhttp://www.fsgenesis.net

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest nhill

Thanks Justin. I've been haunting your site for the last 2 weeks waiting for this. I must have missed your posting this morning by only a few minutes. You can be sure I will pick up the payware version when it's available.

Justin, I think that your landclass data files, are for the most part, very good. However, I just downloaded you beta 5, installed, and find that Orange County California has quite a bit of snow. Something that rarely, if ever happens. Using the landclass files by Matt Fox, eliminates this look. Just thought I would let you know so that it can be corrected.Jim

When I click the link I get the Beta 4 download not the Beta 5.Is it me??Thx..

Guest DaveKDEN

Try clearing your cache and reloading the FSgenesis site. Might have retained the Beta 4 link in your cache.Dave

Thanks Justin! I've been using 4 for awhile now and like it very much. I'll get 5 this evening when I get home.KP

Guest dek

Justin, Are betas 1-4 included in the beta 5? Or are they available individually somewhere? (Didn't see them on your site!)dek

Hi Justin,Since installing your beta 5, when I go to some (but not all) airports in California, I get a startup error message: "Cache directory error Cached file "C:ProgramsFilesMicrosoftGamesFS2002ScenerydbWorldTEXTURE missing." This has happened at San Jose, Fresno, Santa Paula, Santa Barbara, but not at Palm Springs, Sacramento, Calexico and Bakersfield. I can override the error message and proceed, but then I get occasional interruptions by the error message while flying.Any suggestions?John

HI John,Yes, you can just click OK and proceed. You'll probably see some plain gray squares along the way. I'll dig into it and see which index is erroneous and fix it for the final beta.And you might try downloading it again. I just fixed a couple of related issues in that area since the original announcement.Guess that's why it's still called a beta, eh?Thanks for the heads up.:-)JustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

Thanks, Justin. The desert textures in the Palm Springs area look wonderful...a vast improvement over what I had before. John

HI John,Thanks . . . I isolated the cache texture problem and will have it fixed and uploaded in a few minutes. You might wait 30 minutes or so and download it again.ThanksJustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

Holy Cow!This is pretty nice. I have tried other landclass files, but this is the first one that actually got suburban neighorhoods around Thun Field in Puyallup, WA. The microsoft default and other landclass files are usually forest as far as the eye can see. I can finally fly over my own neighborhood. Even those landclass files which were specifically for Washington state haven't depicted this area.You even got the wooded area that is Point Defiance Park (at the northern tip of Washington near the Narrows Bridge), and downtown Tacoma still isn't very down-towny, but at least it has one high-rise now.Nice work! Where do I send the check :) You've certainly sold me on the full version.