Sign in to follow this  
rdb

Let's have a look at those (in)famous windshears...

Damian,There is still something wrong with the wind layers. I've read manual three times, checked every FS/FSUIPC settings and i still get those nasty shears. Hope this will help you to reproduce...Comments* Aircraft Embraer 145 by N.Botamer + panel by B.Grabowski* FSUIPC version is 3.135* FS and AS2k4 startup as in the manual* During whole flight i was monitoring wind direction/strength using output from Shift+Z* Obviously i wasn't taking notes of smooth wind changes* During climb and cruise i had few 10 to 15 degress changes, these also aren't noted* During descend and landing the wind was very stable with smooth changesAttachments* lhdc-epkt.pln - flightplan i've used (created in FSNavigator and re-saved in FS)* navlog.txt - navlog data i got after loading f/p into AS2k4* options.jpg - AS2k4 options used during test* aimport.jpg - main AS2k4 window after importing f/pLog* taxi and takeoff from rwy 05R, left turn to SAG VOR, climbing FL300* 4000-5000ft, "slow, incremental" shear, 180-270 <1>* 12500ft, shear, 310-328* 13500ft, shear, 330-250* 14500ft, shear, 100-010-100* 15500ft, two-three shears within 40 degress, current station LHMC* passing SAG at 18000ft, shear, 060-260* 24100ft, shear, 270-240, current station LZKZ* AR tracking shows LKKZ instead of LZKZ* 26000ft, shear, 240-270* 28500ft, AS2k4 switches current stations from LZKZ to LKKZ for a minute or two* 14nm inbound PPD VOR, few shears* 10nm inbound JAB, starting descent, wind is very stable 251 @ 31 kts* 5 nm outbound JAB, 26000ft, current station EPKK (EPKK 200130Z 00000KT 1800 BR SKC M04/M04 Q1021 2529//95)* 24 nm inbound EPKT, 12000ft, current station EPKT (EPKT 200100Z 23007KT 3500 BR SCT007 M01/M02 Q1020)* 7000ft, suddenly hit fog "wall"* 3000ft, severe turbulence* landing at rwy 27, wind at that time was 230 @ 7 in AS2k4 and FS, but AR tracking displayed 247 @ 6Annotations<1> - strange behaviour which happened only once during flight: wind change wasn't so sharp, but instead it was changing with 10-15 degress per second rate (way too fast anyway)ConclusionI took a flight on this route two times before, but without logging. I remember once the navlog showed different enroute stations (using same f/p). Also take a look at navlog - it contains enroute stations which NEVER really was loaded into current station in flight, and vice versa. Is this all caused by incorrect waypoint/route calculation?Sorry for my poor english.

Regards,

Radek

rdb,Try another flight with "Extended Destination Wind Force" checked ON.Edit: The main screen looks fine to me.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi,regarding the sudden wind changes... could it be related to weather outside the US, for example in Europe? These sudden wind changes that you guys describe getting with AS2004 are exactly the same that I get on a typical flight in Europe (WC2 or even FS d/l weather). And I am tired of repeating them over and over again, because it's always the same, no matter what the settings. It's not the settings, there are too many of us with different systems experiencing these abrupt wind shifts. And then there are those who don't. So, again, could European METARs be at fault (or better, the way FS interprets them)? Damian & Jim, did you have beta testers flying in Europe? Just for the record, I do not own AS2004 just yet because I see these reports popping up - and getting rid of those nasty wind changes is the single most important issue to me. By the way, any chance of a rebate for us, registered WC users? I couldn't find any mention of it.Thanks!Jurehttp://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Hi Guys,I too am getting major 180 deg wind shifts.I have complete about 3-4 flights from NZCH - NZWN about 150nm.My flightplan is NZCH GRETA CC NZWN The winds have been giving a STAR 34 arrival.BTW I have tested with "Extended Destination Wind Force" clicked on.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)Added: I'm climbing to FL230

Jure,Many testers were/are flying in Europe. We worked very hard to soften the wind shifts, and I firmly believe that what you have seen so far are personal settings problems, not AS 2004 problems. As you know, every system is different and with the multitude of hardware/software combinations some results are not going to go our way. BUT, we will always be here, helping one person at a time if need be until the user is satisified.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

And flight plan processed through AS 2004 right? I know you have been back and forth a number of times tonight!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

I've been up for 22 hours now, so I'll be back after some sleep. Might help us if you post your AS2004.ini file.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

As Requested...//AS2004 configuration file[General]WindowPosX = 5325WindowPosY = 4980DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 10000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 10LocalSuppressionRange = 50OnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = TrueGlobalWrites = TrueVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueRouteWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 15VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 13TAFProcessing = FalseWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONERegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest mambo

Is it possible that the miltary Stations in Europe are not manned during the weekend? If I remeber right several of that stations starting with ICAO ET.. are not updated on Saturday and Sunday.Maybe i will give it a try to isolate this station and look what happen?greetingsManfred

For your info my flight are conducted in New Zealand and not in Europe.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Your settings look good. As a way of testing can you do a short USA flight and report back.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Just did a flight from KSFO to KLAX 2 FL350 and the following flight plan with no problems at all.KSFO PORTE3 WAGES AVE FIM SADDE6 KLAXRegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

I only fly in the US and I still experience wind shear with AS2004. On a flight from KCLE to KMCO today, on one segment of the flight, I experienced about 15 minutes of constant shears; probably a total of 20-30 shifts.However, Please see this post that I started:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=6072&page=I'm wondering if this issue has something to do with it???James