Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevchris

PMDG 737 and AS2004!!

Guest kevchris

OK - here is the problem. We have two outstanding products: The PMDG 737 and AS2004. Problem is that when flying an ILS approach with the PMDG 737, the aircraft suddenly loses the glide slope, noses upwards and the pilot is forced to land the plane manually. But sudden winds often blow the plane off course.PMDG says this is AS2004's fault and basically if you want to fly a PMDG 737, you CANNOT use any third party weather engine. Which my answer is, then why bother flying???? They go further to say that it is up to AS2004 to fix this issue.So, my question is, are there any plans to fix the weather so that the PMDG 737 will not encounter this problem??Thanks very much and congratulations on an outstanding product.Kevin

Kevin,Some beta testers flew PMDG products. They may have some insights.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest bdiregolo

I'm having the same problem, erratic wind changes are causing my throttles to go crazy on descent and final, been having to hand fly ILS approachs

Guest Nephron10

Hi, same here. During final approach the autopilots disengage and I amsuddenly a very busy man :-zhelp EF

Never found any major problems during the beta testing. Done some flights with analytical results in the most problematic zones without a VNAV disconnect. However the weather is dynamic and what is valid today could not be tomorrow. What could make your life easier is to try to avoid to intercept the glideslope more or less at 3000'. Another thing is FSUIPC in minimum weather, glob writes off and I've been using extended destination wind force with good results.Jos

I have just flown the 21L approach into Bangkok. The PMDG 737 stuck to the glideslope like velcro right down to minimums when I disconnected and manually placed her on the centreline followed by a nice smooth rollout.I too have had some issues on finals and have wondered if somewhere wake vortices are modelled as the aircraft swings violently to one side reqiuring significant rudder inputs then swings the other way as if let of a slingshot.On each occasion I have been sniffing the APU tailpipe of an AI aircraft on approach. Of course this may be my imagination and could well be simply weather or my inadequate flying.Andy B

Guest keattchr

Thats strange. I was one of the first to download the PMDG 737 and remarked how well the autopilot handled sudden wind changes! Whatever the wind did the autopilot managed to reacty very quickly.However, that was using FSMeteo so I'll have to have a go with AS2004.Raymond Keattch.

>On each occasion I have been sniffing the APU tailpipe of an>AI aircraft on approach. You get what was expected, Wake turbulence :-)Jos

Just a thought to the guys who are having problems on the approach, are you setting 'Use update suppression' & 'Use local suppression'?I ask because I have flown a number of times with the PMDG and although I get the sever wind shifts once above about 3,000ft (which are known about) I have never experienced problems on approach.

I just had this happen to me today flying into 16R into KSEA. Never had it happen though until today. I have been trying out different settings trying to get AS2004 to my liking, so that might have done it.The only thing I did I change was I did not load a flightplan I just put in the Departure and Destination. My flights have been perfect until I reach the destination. Then I go through multiple weather and wind shifts.

Yep, caused by no flightplan!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Well that might have caused it, but.... When loading the flightplan especially with long cross country flights with 15-25 waypoints. I get major wind shifts, weather that does not correspond to what AS2004 is showing me, and of course those clouds that appear and disappear.With 3 flights without loading a flightplan and just putting in a Departure and Destination airport, flight level and cruise speed. I get like I said a perfect flight, except when arriving at the Destination airport. I get full overcast when I am supposed to, no major wind shifts, even with wind smoothing off. When I get from what I can tell with in get within 25nm of the Destination. AS2004 seems to shift from station to station very fast. And it does not give the weather in FS9 the way it shows at that certain station. Today at Seattle for example, pressure as 30.11. Well I went from 30.34 to 30.11 all below 18000 ft. Not one of the reporting stations has a barometer reading above 30.15.Jim question for you. Why can't we have a option like we has with the old Active Sky where we can go ahead and force the weather say 100 nm out????All of that being said, AS2004 is one heck off a addon. I will continue to use it and I am sure that updates will come in due time.

Use Update Supression should do it. Instead of distance, it is based on altitude.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Are the people having problems with 737 TNG using the full autoland settings?? You need to have both autopilots coupled and it is smooth as silk on final all the way to the touchdown. I had the problem of disconnecting autopilot on final as well until I started using the dual-autopilot/autoland feature. Worked for me, but you may already be doing that.

I can not remember if I have messed with update suppression. I will change that tonight and let you know. Jim do you guys suggest that you always load a flightplan??? Not just put in Departure, Destination, Speed, and Altitude.Both autopilots where engaged. Yesterday was the first time this happened to me.