>Thirty Dollars is nothing for the amount of work people are>putting into these additions for Flight Simulator. I think>additions such as ASV, PMDG, LVLD are very much under>priced for the time and effort development takes. >>Expect to see these prices continue to increase over the next>few years as more time is required to deliver what people have>come to expect from such authors.I don't think anyone is disputing the price or the amount of work involved in such programs.It is the marketing pratices which are in question.

Hi All,First of all thanks to all those that have shown their support here. It is much appreciated!! It has been a very long day so far so I hope I don't come off the wrong way here:1. ASV is a brand new product. It is not a patch, an update, a fix, or any other description, but that. There are new features never seen before in FS04. And there will be more features developed and delivered for FREE.2. We tried to be as fair as possible since day one. We first announced ASV on March 24, 2005 on our web page. We constantly updated this information as we went along.3. Our web page has full product information about every one of our products and we are always here at this forum and at other major FS forums.4. Yes, wxRE is still being sold by software publishers, because some users are still flying FS2002 AND wxRE works with other MS products like CF2.5. Yes, AS2004.5 is still being sold and will continue to be sold. There is no reason to stop selling it just because a new product is released. 6. If anyone feels that the upgrade price is too much that is OK and we are sorry you feel that way. We hope that you will continue to use and enjoy AS2004.5. We will contine to support all our programs and all our users. We wish that everyone gets their value from AS!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Hi tg,Lets be honest here OK? You could have purchased all three of our products BRAND NEW and not spent over $100 and you don't own ASV yet. The most you have ever purchased is wxRE and AS2004.The full install of ASV is included in both purchased packages.We are not forcing anyone to do anything.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Here is more information:Thank you for contacting HiFi Simulation Software concerning AS2004.5 and ASV. As you may know, ASV was first announced (hinted at) back in December

>Hi All,>>First of all thanks to all those that have shown their support>here. It is much appreciated!! It has been a very long day so>far so I hope I don't come off the wrong way here:>>1. ASV is a brand new product. It is not a patch, an update, a>fix, or any other description, but that. There are new>features never seen before in FS04. And there will be more>features developed and delivered for FREE.>>2. We tried to be as fair as possible since day one. We first>announced ASV on March 24, 2005 on our web page. We constantly>updated this information as we went along.>>3. Our web page has full product information about every one>of our products and we are always here at this forum and at>other major FS forums.>>4. Yes, wxRE is still being sold by software publishers,>because some users are still flying FS2002 AND wxRE works with>other MS products like CF2.>>5. Yes, AS2004.5 is still being sold and will continue to be>sold. There is no reason to stop selling it just because a new>product is released. >>6. If anyone feels that the upgrade price is too much that is>OK and we are sorry you feel that way. We hope that you will>continue to use and enjoy AS2004.5. We will contine to support>all our programs and all our users. We wish that everyone gets>their value from AS!>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky Sales and Support>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpgAS2004.5 is not even beng offered for sale now at the AS web Site!I explored every link!Is this an oversite or, do you truly not know what is going on?

You are going to enjoy this program on every flight. The selection of cloud textures not just at random, but based on wheather conditions is only one of the exciting new features.Service is second to none, as years of past history with both ActiveSky and FSSkyWorld have proved. Even this morning, not exactly a quiet one for Damian I'm sure, a problem I was having with the order was resolved quickly.No, it's not a 'cheap' upgrade, but I'm sure it will be well worth every penny, the exploring has only just begun.Best,Martijn

Guest Henri W

Ricardo,You are so right. No wonder you are disappointed. The same happened to me. Today I went to my car dealer to buy a second car for the weekend. Of course I wanted it to be full of the latest features and faster than the one I use during the week days. I expected it to be a lot cheaper than the car I bought half a year ago. After all, my second car doesn't need all the stuff I need during the week and why should I pay for what I don't need. Right? And now guess what, I did not get any discount whatsoever. The fact that my other car was from a different brand did not help either. Do you understand this?Funny world isn't it ;-)Henri

Guest aca_dia

>this is a typo, right?>>Ricardo>>I tend to agree. I purchased 4.5 last fall and most of my use was spent beta testing and waiting for fixes. I already have Flight Environment and all of those textures are fine for me so I probably wont be spending any more money on ActiveSky. The only thing that might get me to bite would be if they found a solution for the vertical visibility issue (VV) present with 4.5. Anyone know if they did?

HI aca_dia-FE is not 100% compatible with Active sky 4.5 like you tought,it works in random but without know what's is going in as well for the clouds visual representation, asv do a better job, even better with the update will be implemented with asv for FE.-These new feature from ASV, will be adapted for FE users if they want to use it with ASV togheter. I cannot confirm the total of the feature list update with FE and ASV but there will be for sure. I have already talked to Peter about this.-In asv we have added option to improve the clouds visual from FE OR AE.-ASV Varied cloudssky environment for every flight at startup without you need to open anything others else or need to click anyhing. ASV Change Cirrus Clouds During the flight. With update laters more to come in this area.Feature Free Update:I will not start to tell you, what's feature will be implemented in all free update, still not confirmed such as new overcast etc. but there will be some major as well for FE compatibility for free, the list of new feature from the release are not the final.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest aca_dia

Dang!!! Thanks for looking in to it though. BTW. My post in no way was meant to bust on AS4.5. If anyone out there does not have AS I would be the first to suggest it. I am pretty content with Flight Environment and AS 4.5 so I can

Guest viper18799

When FS06 comes out...can we all get an upgrade price too? Its going to be just like FS04 right? Maybe we should petition MS because I know I spent $50 on FS2002, $50 on FS9, and I'm sure I'll spend another $50 on FS06. But shouldn't we get an upgrade price? I would gladly pay all of $50 for ASV and I'm sure thousands of others would too. The support I get here is unparalled compared to any other product. How many other products do you buy where you can email the developer your system settings and have them look at them and tweak them for YOUR system.Just my $0.02

I just purchased 4.5 a month or so ago and purchased Flight Environment separately. Right now I have no interest in adding another "environment" package (I'm sure it is a quality product).Please consider this customer feedback and not "bit....." :). I wish you would stick to a high fidelity weather maker and not continue to add more options (i.e. radar and environment). I prefer smaller packages and high quality. Thanks!Anyway my primary question is are you going to continue to support 4.5? Thanks and congratulations are releasing your great product!Bob...