Sign in to follow this  

Briefing Time Fuel Gauges

Hi,The fuel gauges do not work in my B-25. Does anyone have an idea why?Thanks a lotBill

Guest Tim W

Hi Bill,Well they work in my version. And I've not heard of anyone else with this problem so it looks like it's something with your installation. I suggest a re-install of the B-25 package and see if that clears it up.regardsTim

To Bill RambowThanks for the reply over in the General Forum. The gauges do work when quantities are changed on startup, but do not show usage. I have made flights long enough to show changes. Not only do the gauges not register in flight, when I look at the quantities, they have not changed. I am not sure what that means, because I have never looked at the menu after a flight. Tim had suggested a re-install and I guess I will give it a try. It just seemed curious to me and I wondered if anyone else had seen this problem. I have been guilty of not reading manuals, but in this case, I am so impressed with the airplane, I acually read the thing. Thanks a lot for your reply. It seems that the problem may be in my installation. We'll see. I am resisting making a comment about the other "stuff" that is going on, but after 30 years in a business similar to this, I have learned that the product speaks for itself and the politics does go away. If you continue to produce products with this level of quality, things will work out. Bill

I'll be very interested in your findings on the fuel gauge situation. It almost seeems like it's something going on with your FS settings, but I imagine you are not seeing this in other aircraft, that's not the case.Anyone else notice a non-peformance issue with their fuel gauges?As for that other "stuff" thank you for your advice and good wishes. We are going to try to keep all that out of here and keep things civil and professional. Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill (the first one ;) )Are you flying with the "unlimited fuel" option selected?

Guest Edd1

I also have never seen the fuel gauges change. I have been waiting to hear someone else has that problem. Edd1

Guest GZR_Frenchy

I don't have a fuel gauge problem. They drain themselves out quite nicely. Whilst still circumnavaging the globe in the MAAM B-25 -- fuel consumption has been a constant problem. Well, a problem to reckon with -- when one is over nothing but water.Rambo's post of the "Ferry Tank" has helped me. Thanks Rambo. Something must be wrong in your setup. This sucker sucks fuel and the gauges reflect that. Good thing I don't have to pay for all the electronic Avgas comsumed so far and converted into Db's.My last location was at Tabiteue north, Kiribati (NGTE). Lousy place to land with only Landing Lights in the dead of night. Well, managed to land, land and then land again safely with only slight bit of damage to the undercarriage, me thinks. Inspection upon the next morning brought good news. The B-25 is well. The island looks totally different in the morning. Details I have never seen before in Fs2002. No addons. Just flying.Frenchy -- out.

Hi Frenchy, thanks. Sounds like quite an adventure. I envy you the time to actually fly BT long distances.But please, call me Bill, unless you were in the Army with me, and spell it Rambow, unless you are going to force Sylvester Stallone to hand over the profits from those silly movies to me. He owes me, as he has caused me much grief over the years over my name. ;-)Cheers Bill Rambow MAAM-SIM - Rambow, Visser, Banting, and Younghttp://www.fssupport.com/maam_sim/maamsim_logo.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi BillI looked at the fuel panel in the menu and noticed that the center tank was selected. I had been setting it to "All" as per the manual and forgetting about it. The problem is that if fuel is in the center tank, "All" will not stay selected. I realize now that the center tank is being used first. By either removing the fuel from the center tank or commenting out the tank in the cfg file, "All" can be selected and the gauges do work. I have not flown a flight long enough to exhaust the center tank, but I would assume that the aux and main tanks would become active at that point.As there is no panel gauge for the center tank, and that's ok, it just did not penetrate why I was seeing this. I am not complaining about the airplane because it is great, but I noticed that someone else had the same problem understanding this and thought maybe this would help.This got a lot longer than I wanted and it is not really that big of a deal. But, the airplane is not that simple. Thanks againg for your interest in this and keep up the good work.RegardsBill

Guest GZR_Frenchy

AAARRRRGGHHH! Please forgive me Bill. I did not misspell your name on purpose. Truly just an honest mistake. Yes, I can see how that could have caused you much grief. I would edit my post if I could.Dang, another Senior Moment.Frenchy -- out.

Guest progrmr

I was checking my settings last night and noticed the same thing, fuel was set to "Center" rather than "All".Bill - can you confirm the correct setting in the FS fuel management screen for the B-25? This might have something to do w/ my wacky takes 1/2 an hour to start the friggin' engines problem :)

If you set the quantity in the center tank to zero, the selector will go to "All". I did comment out the center tank in the Aircraft.cfg file and that allowed the selection. You might note from my other reply that I do not know what the selector will do if the center tank is drained in flight, but I bet the other tanks will indicate properly.As far as starting, I follow the exact procedure in the manual and the engines start 90% of the time. I have good luck toggleing the prime switch 3 or 4 times before trying the start.Hope this helpsRegardsBill

Guest progrmr

I can't count the number of times last night I did this - and I followed the checklist time and time again. If you try to start and it doesn't grab on the first try - do you wait or do you just flick the energizer, prime again real fast, then hit the mesh start w/o waiting?

Hi I'm really not the expert on this issue, but here's the way I start.After battery switches and mags are on, move fuel pumps to high.Advance the throttle to about 1500 RPMToggle the prime switch 3 or 4 times.Turn on the energizer, and engage the mesh starter.If it does not start, reset everything and give it a couple of minutes.This works for me.By the way, if you are using CTL E, I have noticed that FS does not turn on the master ignition switch or in some cases the battery. Only the mag. If you turn these on manually, CTL E works just fine.I probably should not be talking about this and leave it to an expert, but I just love messing with these things. I have started many airplane engines over the years and find that sometimes they didn,t start the first time either.Hope this helpsBill

Guest progrmr

OK - thx for the reply. Although the checklist and manual does state that you have to energize, then click the prime, then do the mesh starter before the energizer expires.I am going to try again tonight. It should would be great to fly this baby again!