Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

A Holiday Gift from MAAM

The Mid Atlantic Air Museum Simulations Group (MAAM-SIM) is pleased to announce a little gift for the flightsim community. On December 25th, we will release our much anticipated freeware scenery of MAAM and KRDG (Reading Regional Airport) for FS2004. With this release you'll have a place for your copy of our B-25J "Briefing Time" to call home. And soon, you'll be able to add our all-new Gmax version of MAAM's Douglas R4D to your virtual ramp![table width=600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3] [tr] [td]http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/images/rdgsign-sm.jpg[/td] [td]http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/images/maam-sm.jpg[/td] [/tr] [tr] [td]http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/images/frvillage-sm.jpg[/td] [td]http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/images/beachngr-sm.jpg[/td] [/tr][/table]This scenery is based on extensive photo documentation by the MAAM-SIM team and covers all major buildings at KRDG and quite a number of small details as well. Scenery features include:[ul][li]All-Gmax construction for optimized frame rates[/li][li]Photo realistic building textures[/li] [li]Full night lighting[/li] [li]Frequency-controlled door animations (hangar doors open and close on demand) for the MAAM hangar and a nearby T-hangar[/li] [li]A new AFCAD 2 file repositioning taxiways and refining aprons[/li] [li]New GA and airline traffic file that mimics real-world airport operations[/li] [li]Modeling of the Reading Pagoda, an important VFR local landmark[/li] [/ul]This is a classic American mid-sized airfield and we think you'll enjoy it enough that you might just want to make it your new base of operations! This airport also had the distinction of being the host for the 2003 Avsim conference and exhibition. For those of you who were fortunate enough to attend, this will bring back a lot of memories. If you weren't able to make it, here's your chance to pay the conference a virtual visit!If you do not yet own the award-winning B-25J Mitchell 'Briefing Time', you can get your copy at www.maam.org and support the museum's restoration programs at the same time. Take a look at this press release about the new FS2004 CD for all the details: http://www.avsim.com/pages/1103/frontpage/briefing_time_cd/Happy Holidays from the MAAM SIM team!Bill Rambow, Jan Visser, Rob Young, Mike Hambly, Fred Banting and Bill Womack

Looks great ! I look forward to getting it after returning from my Christmas break.Best Seasonal wishes to everyone at MAAM and Reading !Cheers,Alastair

Guest Simicro

This scenery looks amazing, thank you in advance Bill !!!

You're welcome in advance! I'm just happy this project is nearing completion. I've been flying here all by myself and now I want some company!thanks,

"A home for the lady at last..."?????What 'lady'?????If your referring to Briefing Time B-25 then this is NO lady!With whiskers and a bad attitude, this war plane is not lady like in any sense of the word! Multiple 50 cal. machine guns in various liveries and a belly full of deadly bombs of various 'persuasions' to deliver to just the right party! This warbird means 'business is about to be taken care' of once the wheels are tucked up inside the wells!!!If the B-25 was a guy, he'd know your daughter by her first name...Now if it's the R4D-6 your referring to, then, OK. Still a warbird without the 'delivery' aspects of the B-25, but still a delivery bird just the same. I guess you can call her a 'her'....

Guest Coneman

Many thanks Bill and crew for this generous offer. Now I'll have a permanent home for my '25. One question on the AI traffic. Can you just drop in the traffic file in the appropriate folder and FS will use it? I heard it can use multiple traffic files now.Thanks and happy holidays,Todd

Guest Badger

Bill,Reading looks fantastic.Will your package include any flight plans for the area?Ever since Jan released a screen shot of the FS2000 RD4 over the mountains, I've been waiting for a couple of good plans in and around the same area.Any chance?Merry ChristmasMark

Good idea, Mark! We don't have any done yet, but perhaps we can include a couple with the download. I'll talk to some of the other team members about getting that done.thanks,

Guest Simicro

Hi Bill,I would like to add that from what can be seen on your personal website :http://www.spottedantelope.com/bwomack/krd...shots/index.htmThe photorealistic textures are very fine and how to say ... there is a style... Last time I was impressed by a new style and atmosphere on as small/medium field was with Emma Field and the Georender series !Too bad I won't be home on 25th december but I'll download your scenery for sure as soon as I get back.Thanks again !Tony

Thanks a lot, Tony! I'd like to think I'm developing a style, so to speak. I hope people enjoy KRDG even half as much as I enjoyed creating it!