Sign in to follow this  
rambow

TBM Patch # 2 Released

EDIT: Patch 2 has been superseded by Avenger Service Pack 1 and is no longer available. This patch contains a new gauge set (MAAM_TBM.gau v203) and air files for each Avenger which correct the reversed aileron trim control of the original model.Also included are new Panel.cfg's which have minor clean-up and z-order# changes suggested by WarHorse47 on this forum. These modifications, along with using the MAAM-SIM start-up flights, instead of one of his own devising, eliminated the CTD's he had experienced when changing aircraft during a FS session. It is hoped that the few user's afflicted by this known issue will also find relief from these changes.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest Werwolf

Hi to all,at least to me, unfortunately, it does not resolve the cdt..I have tried al sistem, move the panel folder, move the gauge out the gauge folder, move the sound folder, zorder, ecc ecc but no success.if it can be useful I have a ati radeon x1600 pro 512.Regards to all and excused my bad English.

Guest Quicksand

Thanks, Bill, to you and the whole team... I edited my cfg's manually, but installed the patch to get the other updates. No more CTD's. Hats off to all who helped to track down the problem..

Hi Bill. I had my MAAM Avenger working great in FSX. I had noticed the reversal of the trim control. I never had any other problems. I installed the Patch #2 and now I get a crash in the MAAM_TBM.gau every time I try to fly the Avenger. I no longer have the original install files. I'd sure like to revert back to the original installation so I can fly the GREAT Avenger in FSX. Is there any way I can get the original install files again without the patch. I stupidly did not make backups of the files before applying the patch. Regards, Bob.

Hi Bill. I found out that the error was not in the TBM gauge as I thought. It was in the panel.cfg as it called out the FS9 dsd sound gauge which does not work in FSX. I removed the line with the dsd sound gauge in it and all works well now. It needs the latest dsd sound gauge for FSX which I believe is 3.8.10 or 3.8.2.0. Thanks for a good fix. Best regards, Bob.

Guest donb1

It says patch is released but when I tried today to download it would not workDonB1

Hi Don,Patch #2 was released more than a month ago, at which time it was incorporated into both the download and CD versions of the Avenger package. If yours is version 2 (Second Edition CD) as noted in the read1st.txt that came with your Turkey you do not need the patch. If you do, where have you been all month, Don? I want to vacation with you next year! ;-)Seriously, the link was taken down in preparation for the release of a new service pack which combines Patches 1 and 2 and finally, we believe, will fix the aircraft switching CTDs suffered by a few users. We'll have that up shortly, so hang on a little bit longer.Bill RambowMAAM-SIM http://www.fssupport.com/maam/hgrsm_blkani.gif

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Guest donb1

Hi Bill,Actually I had downloade patch 2 when it first came out but when I saw it was no longer available I was really wondering if something was found wrong with it so that was why it wasnt available and should I not use patch 2. Thanks for clearing that up for me and waiting for the next release.Have a great dayDon

Guest donb1

Hi Bill,Just wondering if there is any expected date for the release of Avenger service pack 1?Don

Guest donb1

Hi Bill,Thanks for the fast reply. Looking forward to the service pack and of course the possible upgrade to FSX compatability. Don