Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

19" LCD Monitor for Flight Sim

"I have recently purchased a 17 inch Image Quest (Hyundai)".....ditto (08/2003) and remain very impressed with the superb image quality and response timing (20ms). I would never go back to a CRT. My only reservation, like the other poster, is with the lack of true black which is noticeable at night in FS, but only if you fly with the room lights off - black looks fine otherwise.I would suggest you d/l the colour profiles generously supplied by Tom's Hardware for both analogue and digital output. Saves all the messing about during setup.Mike

I just bought a 17" Sony SDM-HX7 flat screen monitor. I run it a 1280x1024x32 60Hz. Althought I don't like it that much when using windows or the internet (text is to small for me) it does run FS9 pretty good. As mentioned the night thing in FS9 with a flat screen could be better.

Guest fct

I'm using a Dell 20" LCD which is actually made by Benq. It has received numerous awards and I am extremely happy with it. I was reluctant to move from CRT to LCD for a very long time. Now I will never go back.Best regards, Fred

I have purchased a Samsung SyncMaster 193T 19". Flight Sim looks great I am using it with a 9800XT card with DVI.Excellent monitor.Andrew.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg