Sign in to follow this  
GaryTrammell

HELP!!!!!! Brand New 8800 GTS 640MB NOW STUTTERS

I just installed my new 8800 and Now I have stuttering.... HELPI have 3GB RAM 667 E6420 OC. On a Asus p5n. And now after installing new video card all of a sudden I am stuttering? Can anybody help?Gary TrammellPro Rodeo Announcer

Guest EvilNando

are trying to run FSX? in that case your performance is completely normal to run FSX you will need the latest PC hardwareof 2009

>are trying to run FSX? in that case your performance is>completely normal >>to run FSX you will need the latest PC hardware>>>>>>>>>of 2009yes yes, we know, we know. You hate FSX. wow.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>I just installed my new 8800 and Now I have stuttering....>HELP>I have 3GB RAM 667 E6420 OC. On a Asus p5n. And now after>installing new video card all of a sudden I am stuttering? Can>anybody help?>>>Gary Trammell>Pro Rodeo AnnouncerGary:I have seen that happen when driver versions conflicted. You might want to use Driver Cleaner Pro to make sure all old traces of the old driver are gone.The method I always use (and it has always worked for me, fingers crossed) is to switch my display to 800 x 600, then boot in Safe Mode. THEN and only then do I go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall the old driver.Then I reboot in normal mode and hit cancel thru all of the Windows hardware detection screens, and finally install my new driver package.Try making sure all of the old driver is gone and then post back here if it doesn't help things.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes just what Rhett says ;-) also it would be wise to deleted your FSX.cfg file after cleaning and installing the drivers (FSX will rebuild a new one ;-))Cheers,Andr

André

Also, defrag your drive if you can't remember the last time. :)Bob...

Guest EvilNando

Okay , just to show you guys that I dont hate FSX im going to try one last install using the settings on NVIDIA pageah btwspecsc2d Q6800 extreme (3.2ghz)4gig drr2 1066500sataII x 4Vista ult. 64bits8800gtx oc

Guest Stratocruiser

>Okay , just to show you guys that I dont hate FSX im going to>try >>one last install using the settings on NVIDIA page>>>ah btw>>specs>>c2d Q6800 extreme (3.2ghz)>4gig drr2 1066>500sataII x 4>Vista ult. 64bits>8800gtx oc>You're running a quad? I too had terrible macro and micro stuttering on my QX6700. Then I used the following setting to restrict FSX to running only on cores 1, 2, and 3, and prohibit it from running on core 0, on the theory that system processes by default try to aquire core 0 priority over FSX.[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14The result? All stuttering finally gone. Give it a try. Here's some docs for the AffinityMask setting://where//n / num of cores scheduled / processor bit mask //1 = 1 core / 0001 //3 = 2 cores / 0011 //7 = 3 cores / 0111 //14 = 3 cores / 1110//15 = 4 cores / 1111 //processor bit mask shows enabled cores (1) numbered//right to left (cores "3210")//You can also disable core 0 for FSX.exe in the Windows//Task Manager (MB3->Set Affinity)Good luck,Carey Furlong

WOWThanks for All the help guys, I "Think" i have it worked out now.Removed & loaded DRVR.DELETED FSX.CFGCHANGED NVIDIA SETTINGS.NOW on the another problem. Can I get windows xp to see my 4Gb Ram? it only sees 3gb?Gary Trammell

Guest EvilNando

Thats a limitation when working on a 32-bit environment to use the whole 4gig you need to move to 64-bitsI suggest you migrate to winxp64it boots up in 3seconds flat! and youre not missing anything from going vista , its a slow performer OS specially when dealing with lots of HDD activity , heck even my wifes machine shuts down faster than my fresh install of vista 64 bit

I Might Do That. OH NO No Vista Here. I have it at the office. Its HORRIBLE crashes all the time. cant use half my programs from work. Maybe go 64 bit soon.BTW my XP boots in seconds too. Ofcourse NOTHING is on it except FSX. No Office, No Internet, No AntiV. no Nothing, Services have been shut off except for vitals ones.