Sign in to follow this  
Guest crotiusf16

3 Monitors - Needs advice

Yes, I'll be having myself that MagicMan setup real soon - 3 x 19" TH2G and a 22" widescreen for that spare video port. The 4th 19" monitor I am buying will go with my other 22" widescreen to my son to replace his 2 x 20" CRTs. I bought the 4th as insurance if one of the other 19"ers dies on me in future - I want to keep a matched set!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Gary- Sounds yummy! Keep a supply of barf bags handy when you do aerobatics with a wide horizon!Cheers Alex Reid CYYJ

Guest tmilton

Nice shots. Even though the Matrox TripleHead2Go looks spectacular on screen, isn't there an inherent disadvantage with this type of system for use on a multimonitor setup? As Alex points out, the Matrox TripleHead2Go basically shows just one Forward View scene stretched across 3 monitors.Instead of a Matrox TripleHead2Go, isn't it better to get a second graphics card (if your system allows) so there will be true 180

If you look closely at the TH2G shots, they are in VC mode which correctly increases the FOV for the super-widescreeen setup. Throw in a TrackIR, and you're all set!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Tim- We need some help here from Jim Cooper and Magic Man. What is the Field of View with TH2GO? The pics from Jim and MM certainly appear to be more than 90

Tim- I did a bit of research on your question of Field of View with TH2GO. Zane Gard's AVSIM Review of TH2GO confirmed that ZOOM IS used to get the wider Field of View with this product. Zane says that he used ZOOMS of 0.50 & 0.40 but that any further- down as low as 0.33 caused an unpleasant fisheye effect. I noticed in experimenting that outer objects showed significant "tilting" or "fisheye" at even Zoom 0.50. Testing this on my triple mon setup, ZOOM 0.40 increased the width of Main View Forward by about 40% of what shows in the views L/R Fwd. These two views combined give 90

Guest jimcooper1

Alex,You answered your own question!!In Fullscreen mode TH2GO does require a significant zoom to get a decent field of view. In the picture posted in this thread that is the case. However it is still quite usable!TH2Go can be used in Windowed mode and use 3 different VCs and so a more realistic zoom level can be set. These can be saved in FS9 but not in FSX and have to be setup every time you use it!!Jim

Jim- Thanks for the confirm. re TH views & zoom. Would you happen to have a TH2GO picture at some specific location that I could replicate in my triple card/views setup? Common airport/runway- ready for T/O etc so as to compare view similarity/difference.I would also be curious to see a pic of TH using the 3 different Windowed mode VCs you mentioned.Regards Alex Reid CYYJ

Guest Eek

>Hello,>I have 3 monitors, look at my signature.>Emile>EBBR Brussels>Asus P4s800d-X P4 HT 3Ghz 2 Gb ram,>1/ AGP GF 7800 GS with 2 monitors attached res 1152x854x32,>2/ Sparkle PCI GF FX5200 1 monitor res 1152x854x32,>2 x 120 Gb, 160 Gb external via USB,>XP Pro SP2 DX 9c>Driver XG 163.71Hello, Emile. I have questions regarding your setup. I have an AGP GeForce card with dual monitors, and would like to add another GeForce card in a PCI slot for a 3rd monitor, as you have done, to display the overhead panel for the PMDG 747. Did you have issues installing a driver for the 2nd card, or is it running on your existing driver? Also, is it possible to undock panels from the AGP card to the PCI card? And lastly, I see your resolutions are set to 1153x854x32. My dual monitor setup is running at 1280x1024x32. Is there a limitation on the resolutions running that type of setup?I'd appreciate it if you or anyone else running this way could clear this up for me, before I order a PCI card.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AWinXPPro (SP1)

As Jim says, if you really want the three distinct views to get a full 180 degrees then you can set it up exactly the same as you would with separate graphics cards, i.e. individual views that are places on each of the three monitors.What you can't do on the multiple card option that you can do on the TH2Go is have the VC across the three. Combine that with a TrackIR and a small glance left or right brings you the whole view in addition to being able to look up and down for your gauges etc.

Guest tmilton

> So to answer your query, TH2GO can provide a field of view>of about 126

Tim- A minor point: I believe TH2GO allows you set Zoom as you wish- with 0.40 apparently being a practical max. At that Zoom, you are MUCH closer to the runway threshold than than you think!!(Like looking the wrong way thru' a telescope!!!!) There is nothing to compare with 180

Are you TH2G guys using WideViewAspect=True in FSX? If you do, then you only have to use the default zoom of 0.70, which looks really good and no fisheye. Otherwise, you need to go to a zoom of about 0.40 without this setting, which gives that undesirable fisheye effect. Whilst not quite at TH2G res, the following screenie shows my system in spanned mode 3360x1050 at sai 0.70 zoom. The TH2G should be even better!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179867.jpgGary

Gary- Great pic- impressive! Perhaps it will encourage other simmers (sinners too!) to Broaden their Horizons !!I'm using FSX- wouldn't dare to try X on my ancient AMD XP2200 1.8 system. At going on 76, gets hard to justify new hardware. Besides, she says a Mexico winter cruise has a nicer field of view! Alex Reid CYYJ

Boo Boo on prior- should read "I'm using FS9" not FSX. That's what happens when you get old!! Apologies.AR