is any one playing FS on one of these HD tvs, if so what do you think of it, is it really sharp and high detail? How do you hook it up?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

A 1080p TV would be equivalent to something like a 24" panel at 1920x1200 - the monitor being better actually.There are quite a few people around here using 24" (or even better 30" at 2560x1600 panels) - I have a 24" myself.Yep, very sharp and a great screen. TV panels will obviously be physically bigger but no better in terms of resolution.

Guest wayupthere

Running an 1080p 58" but its a Plasma not LCD, doing 1920x1080.At my office we have a Sharp LC-57D90U 57" LCD running, and its equally great.. Big and beautiful i say.Both connected via HDMI.Regards,

Guest D17S

I'm currently running a 42"-er at 1920 x 1080. For a hand flown Cat IIIb approach in the PMDG airplane or a run down the Grand Canyon in the P51, I'll get my nose 6-12 inches from the screen for the best peripheral experience. Rolling inverted just as I cleared the rim of the GC once (then pulling hard!), I about fell out of my chair. Get down tight on the river and see if you can make it to Lake Mead (or Powell). Trying to stay out of the canyon wall, you'll get that 'head bob' going, for sure Can't help it. No problems (other than vertigo). Looks clean and sharp. LOMAC rocks. COD4's a real kick too. You'll get used to all that extra real estate for normal stuff real quick. I can't imagine how I Ever managed to deal with a single 19"-er (or even 2).I used a dvi output from the Vcard, then a DVI to HDMI adapter to connect it one of the TVs HDMI inputs. Again, it just worked. The Vcard's second DVI is hooked to a LCD 19"-er. A second Vcard drives a 3rd & 4th 19. Even with all these complications, everything 'just works.You'll need at least a $180 8800GT to drive that 1920 x 1080 resolution at high sliders, but the rest will still be CPU dependent. (Hint: Get GEX and leave autogen off.)($180? Yep.Check MSI's version at Newegg)

I've tried it on a 52" Samsung 81 series set... amazing with Samsungs local led lighting,have a plasma now and dont use the PC with ituntil the break in period is over.One thing to note is any AA or shimmering issues are magnified in size, but its still great.About 4-5 feet back seems ideal for FS on a 52" set.Another fun flight is to use a 1080P projector with FSX !Hook up is easy, just used a DVI to HDMI cable.

wow, how much did you guys shell out on these huge sharp displays?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest D17S
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16889234011Videophiles will cringe, but it's a completely adequate computer monitor. Watch Best Buy . . . then wait for it. Someone will get one of these home and the neighbor come over and gloat about having a better contrast ratio (or something). It will be immediately returned and end up in BB's dump-it-quick area for $700. Pounce.

Guest jahman

>I'm currently running a 42"-er at 1920 x 1080.Do you use 2D panels or the VC?How does moving from a 4:3 to a 16:9 aspect ratio affect your cockpits?Cheers,jahman.

Guest D17S

I run only run VCs. The view is large enough to allow a little zoom-in to see it all. I spend way too much time in a real 747 cockpit (rather be in the break room) and the PMDG 744's panel looks about 'actual sized' at the right zoom . . . and I don't stand back. I sit 6-12" away and adjust the zoom so it feels about like the real deal. Gotta run AA, but even that close the visual fidelity is very good. The 16x9 is Much more realistic. (A dual head to go with two 42s might be the deal. The 747 doesn't have a center windshield.) If I really need to get serious with the ND, the PMDG airplane lets me popup into a 2D-ish window on the main screen. I keep an undocked FMC and Vista's Task Manager/performance tab up (4x3)19 next door. Flightaware charts on the second 19, and maybe Google Earth on the 3rd. GE's gotta go below 10K'. I start to run out of horsepower when the scenery starts to kick in. Full screen is (only) worth an extra 5FPS. The extra monitors don't seem to really hurt much. It's that darn PMDG airplane that eats the CPU. The P51 will sit at 30-50FPS high or low.

I will second this post!! Have the 42" Westinghouse monitor and it is the only way to use FS........my old 24" CRT is the secondary, but good enough for panels..............also have the 8800GT and it is GREAT, don't get anything smaller