Sign in to follow this  
psolk

174.74 with Nhancer 2.4 Beta is awesome...

Hi Sarge,Yes, I am definitely seeing an improvement in cloud and with multiple cloud layers.I felt ATI were taking a relaxed approach over the issue with a vague message from the UK support passing it to his colleagues in Canada. I suspect they won't be able to come up with a fix that will substantially improve fps.But what prompted me to switch was the very low price for the 8800GTX at a local supplier. 164UKP was too good to refuse. I'm hoping to sell my 3870X2 and if I can get 164 for it it I won't feel too bad.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray -I know with FSX, you really need to focus on framerates, so IQ is secondary. I am still using FS9 with the 8800GTS, so my card is a little slower than yours. I am using the 384b version. The 174.74 with Nhancer 2.4 Beta is a great combo. I am using the AA at 16XS and AF at 16X. On the ground, things look beter than they ever have. In the air, however, the ground comes in blurry and takes awhile to come into focus - blurred textures I guess is what you call it. Overall, I am happy with it. Robbie

Hi Robbue,Thanks for confirming you're also seeing these slightly blurred ground textures. It reasssures me that it's probably not because of my settings with an unfamiliar card.I dread to think what earlier drivers were like if you consider these the best. I've definitely been spoilt with ATI. ;-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather