Sign in to follow this  
psolk

174.74 with Nhancer 2.4 Beta is awesome...

Bert could you be more specific...nVidia beta drivers are NEVER, EVER digitally signed?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks, will do the uninstall first!! Someone else..........Once I put the nHancer on FS9, what settings should I use?? Thanks again. B42L8

Hay, just put the new driver in for the 8800GT!! This is something else, WOW, no more shimmering, scenery settings at MAX, it is terrific, hats off to the Navidia bunch, this is great!!.......re the nHancer settings< I just made some up and it seems to work, but not sure if this is what makes such a difference.......Want to say a special thanks to all who pointed me to this update!! B42L8

I tried to install the 174.74 drivers to use with my 8800GT card. Unfortunatey I could not install them because this card is not listed in the nv_disp.inf file!Aren

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest JIMJAM

The drivers alone might not be enough alone.I do not have time to go through the process but it requires using Nhancer to "override" Nvidias profile for FSX.When I DLed the 174s they were leaked and not beta and I do not remember seeing any profiles.Do a search here and a guy named Nick does a step by step.Basically you "copy" the Nvidia driver with Nhancer and then create a "new FSX profile and use Nhancer to run that one.For some it works very well. For me it helped ALOT but I still get bad aa with certain things.Again, experiment with the settings but 8XS seems to work best with 8800gt.Cards cost me nothing and I am tempted to try the new 9 series.

How about the 175.12 Beta release Date: April 28, 2008 also listed at Nvidia? Is the 174.74 more stable?

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Guest JIMJAM

I am running xp,sp2 Nvidia MOB 8800gt and before I could NOT run full screen. Menu crashes,load crashes.I THOUGH the latest cured the menu crashes but then again I have not been flying much.Last night and this morning I have had 4 CTDs in full screen.2 were loading payware airplanes and 2 were switching planes on the ground.So its BETTER than before for me but still not fixed.Had enought tweaking today. Back to the PS3 intil I cool down.

Thanks for the great recommendation! I finally sat down and applied both and FS9 never looked better. No more problems with black parts of screens missing, no more AA problems, and the AF makes things look crystal clear. Anyone else in doubt? Don't be.RH

Robbie,As someone who has switched to a 8800GTX from a 3870X2 I thought I'd post my findings on these drivers and nHancer.Firstly, the frame rates in cloud are much better than with the 3870X2. Although touted as "the world's fastest graphics card" by PCPro(UK) a few months ago I became aware that certainly wasn't the case as far as FSX is concerned.But, whilst I appreciate the higher frame rates I think nVidia is still behind ATI in image quality. I'm seeing a few visual glitches such as airport buildings occasionally flashing which never happened with my 3870X2.Also, the ground textures do not appear as sharply defined from altitude as with the 3870X2. I have AA at 8XS and AF at 16X so the visuals should be fairly close. Perhaps another setting needs tweaking.But it's great to be able to fly through towering cumulus without a big fr hit. :-) I might try the Omega alternatives just to see how they perform. I don't see many references to them but they have certainly been my preferred drivers in the past.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello Ray,I didn't know that you made the switch to an 8800GTX. Hopefully, now some of my "you have to see it" explanations are making sense. Did you get any further reply out of ATI as to the poor cloud performance?