Sign in to follow this  
Guest Teddie

New nvidia driver 175.16 released today.

Guest JIMJAM

Same old crap for me.Got excited.Went through the driver reinstall ritual.I was using Nhancer to controll my aa/af issue with mixed results so I deleted it so I would have just the driver.Loaded FSX. Same crap as before.Taxiway lines are moving,horizon is jagged,aiports are jagged.Played around with the setting until I got the "I thought fixed" menu crash.Tried to restart FSX and now it will not load.Back to Nhancer and wasting more of my life fooling with settings.8800GT/XP/SP2 Bla bla bla

Guest Teddie

Ugh.. you've got yourself setup similar to me.I'm pensive now with installing the new driver...Curious; are you having that "taxiway lines moving" problem with the driver version just before this latest release?

Using the beta with no issues at all - haven't tried the release version.Q6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.65Evga 680i A1 with P31 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx XG 174.74 702/1620/792Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpg

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest JIMJAM

You know how its goes.As we speak, someone is throwing their video card in the trash and using very colorful language.Also right now someone has a big smile on their face and loves Nvidia.Go to guru3d or nvidias forums and you can get information from the Hardcore users.Overall its like always, mixed reviews.As far as Nvidia is concerned,FSX does not even exist.Its a relic from years ago and no worth devoting anytime to.I think what we have is all we are going to get.I am going to reload Nhancer and just deal with it.PS-Sorry for my ######in but this is not even funny anymore.FSX is getting NO attention from ANYONE yet look at some of the games still getting fixes.Fear....farcry...Sid Meierʹs Railroads tearing...Serious Sam 2

Guest firehawk44

"Same old crap for me. Taxiway lines are moving,horizon is jagged,aiports are jagged. Played around with the setting until I got the "I thought fixed" menu crash. Tried to restart FSX and now it will not load. Back to Nhancer and wasting more of my life fooling with settings. 8800GT/XP/SP2 Bla bla bla"JimJam,You have XP and your taxiway lines are moving, and horizon and airports are jagged?? Menu crash? Not suppose to be happening on XP systems. If you do you must have something seriously wrong with the installation of FSX and/or XP and/or NVIDIA drivers. Did you know Nvidia has a display settings setup made specifically for FSX? These settings should not be changed and AA/AF should remain at "Application Controlled". This should be your optimal settings for your OS, video card, memory, and other hardware. I personally have found these settings to be the best as long as you keep your FSX config settings close to the default (i.e., the sliders are all not set to the max). Of course you need to defrag occasionally too and I'm sure you do as I have read many of your posts. I apologize for chiming in like this but I'm seriously shocked you're having all the problems you state you're having w/the XP OS. BTW, I have the Vista OS and installed these WHQL drivers and they do not fix any of the DX10 display issues so, IMHO, you are absolutely right about your thoughts of NVIDIA (as negative as they are). I have a feeling these WHQL drivers will be the last for the 8000 series and below video cards and future drivers will be only for the 9000 series. I do not think there's any possible way any tech at NVIDIA OR ATI will ever figure out how to fix the DX10 display problems in FSX. The problem(s) is way beyond their educational levels, too much of a challenge to their mentality, and they will continue to look the other way whenever the problem is brought to their attention. Instead they will continue to fix the simple stuff over at the other gamemakers... (How negative is that??? LOL).Best regards,Jim

Haha - Serious Sam 2....I am often amazed at the games on the list that get attention. Each time I read the release notes, FSX is no where to be found. Im sure Nhancer will work w/ the new release at some point, so I will just wait till then. I have a 7950, so I'm not sure its worth even trying. Thanks for letting me know, the excitement of a new release lasted 30 seconds....now back to reality.D -

Guest bdg52

JIMJAM,Sorry to hear about your issues. I have the 8800GT running 172.74's with no issues at all with xp sp2 and fsx sp2 (non acceleration). BG

Guest NoobPilot

Oh no... the original Starcraft from '98 isn't working on the antique NV1 prototype graphics card from '95... let's fix driver 1.0 before we repair the modern simulators where our largest amount of paying customers play...

The only problem I have with nVidia and FSX(sp2) is the menu selections hanging my system. I have to go to windowed mode, do my thing, and back to full screen. You'd think by now nVidia would have fixed the stupid problem.

Guest JIMJAM

OkDone the whole Nhancer thing and got FSX back to about what it looked like before.I am STILL getting the occassional full screen menu crash.Sometimes when I alt/enter and when I try to open the graphics settings.BTW-In windowed I have NEVER CTD but aa and af do not work.As is, everything looks pretty good but runways/taxiways from distance are still jagged and wavvy.Fps I run unlimited and see 30s and 40s.I am going against the advice of Nick and trying some new settings.1-FPS to unlimited2-clamp off allow negative bias.3-Vertical sync offThings look cleaner and the fps went way up.I am getting some stutters and the annoying runways/taxiways waving is still there.I guess I am going to start flying only at night.Maybe the desert would be a good place :D

They work fine for me. At first I had bad stuttering but it eased up. Now I have good AA and AF...without nHancer. To the gurus out there, will it be worth reenabling nHancer? Should I?

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest JIMJAM

I am no GURU but leave good enough alone.Nhancer does not use much memory but it all adds up.Its also another program less to worry about and less to troubleshoot.It does seem to uninstall and reinstall easily.You might need to reinstall the Nvidia driver however just to be safe.I tried without it with no luck.I think the driver increased my fps some but created some stutters.I locked it up at 25 and its smoothed out.I also changed my texture res to 7cm.No effect on fps but it does look better.I am running ASX,GEX,FEX,UTX,MytrafficX and the best planes and helis worth having.The fact FSX is running at all amazes me.

Guest UlfB

Thanks for the heads up Teddie!Excellent drivers. No need for nHancer here. Running RivaTuner with 4x AA and have very little shimmer.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

Guest JIMJAM

Well I reverted back to the drivers that came with the 8800gt card.Ive got my graphics looking as good as I can get them but still need to alt/enter if I plan to either exit a flight or change planes/location in flight.I am officially giving up.In a few months I am ditchin my AMD based/nvidia mob machine and going intel based.I smell a conspiracy against nvidia based mobs/Amd.}(