Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rwy12

advise choosing new motherboard

Hi everyoneCan you please help me choose a new motherboard.I recently bought from ebay the asus striker extreme 680i chipset motherboard that was a nightmare-at every bootup the dreaded cmos error came up.This made over clocking impossible.I am looking to buy a new mother board now.I have q6600 cpu,xfx 8800 ultra 768mb gpu,4 gig corsair xms2 ddr2(HDX) memory and corsair 750 watt ps.My main use of the pc would be for fsx,using pmdg 747,active sky,active graphic,GEX and ulitmate terrain europe and USA,as well as some airportadd ons on winxp.I am not very good at overclocking and I am after a mother board thathas automatic overclocking options,or easy to over clock setting' air only please-water cooling is about 5 years away for me :-( ,at least.My budget is about

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't understand why anyone would make a purchase on EBay.Have you tied discharging the bios prom and resetting the bios up again?Here is a good place to get some help --> http://forums.guru3d.com/Anyway, I think you should read some reviews about your CPU and GPU. The testing rigs may give you a good idea what mobo to use.Let us know how things go.

If you're looking to overclock, the best motherboards for that processor are the older P35's.(<

I agree the P35's are the best bet right now. Abit, Gigabyte or Asus. For instance, the Asus P5Ke runs fine. The O/C drill consisted of resetting the FSB to 400 and Vcore 1.45. Boot 'n run.

Hi everyoneMany thanks for taking time to help-I did some search on Google and anadtech and saw a good review on the MSI P35 Neo2-FR iP35 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard, at