Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Influence of L2 cache on FSX? (Or: Q9300 vs Q9450)

Edit: Sticky?Regards, Kendall#1: E8500 @ 3.95 - HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - XG's 174.74 Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest Nick_N

>Edit: Sticky?>EveryonePlease let this thread go nowSam has owned up to his actions and intent for toying with this forum and me by a public statement. Regardless of those actions and his public explanation, the subject at hand in the thread was concluded. Bj

Guest D17S

On the other hand, (for anyone considering a similar build) I'm still thinking a Q6600 on a 975 is a better bet than a Q93 on a P35 (38/43/48/et al). That 7.5 multi on the Q93 forces a 450Mhz FSB. Now the poor guy is gonna have to deal with even more stability issues!First there's just the need for speed, i.e., "higher is better." Then the results. None to worst. For instance, my P35 at 400Mhz FSB runs fine . . . except when it doesn't. Every once in a while, my sound frags. It effects everything. FS will not run at all. MP3s won't play. A can't watch my favorite Planet Earth segments on the 42 in HD. Life sucks! I lock the PCI buss at 100, tweak voltages, RMA Vcards, mobos, upgrade PSs, go outside, point west and throw salt over my shoulder . . . . then finally turn down my FSB to 380. Magic! Problem solved. After a week, I get brave again and turn it back up to 400. All's well again. Clearly something eise is going on, but that 400Mhz FSB s pushing something Else over some edge. I agree that later incarnations of the P35 might allow higher clocks, but a 450FSB will take anything right back to an "edge." It might go there, but that's pushing it.I've found that stability issues can really be contagious. One uberstressed player can cause all kinds of havoc.

Guest Nick_N

SamIf you are just going to keep this thread going after a sincere request for it to stop is made, I suggest you just fess up and tell these people which BestBuy you work for and what school you go to as a student.No highly trained with a degree educator in his/her right mind (oppps.. that

Guest Jeffhew

>Give me your address, I will have a real board and real memory>drop shipped in with a 8800GTX Ultra, my treat.>Wow, now that's a generous offer! I'm going to have to start treating you alot worse than I have Nick! :-lol :-lol :-lol Best Regards,Jeff

Guest Nick_N

>>Give me your address, I will have a real board and real>memory>>drop shipped in with a 8800GTX Ultra, my treat.>>>>Wow, now that's a generous offer! >I'm going to have to start treating you alot worse than I have>Nick! :-lol :-lol :-lol I really do not want this to go any further Jeff, but I get the jokeAsk my last wife... all she had to do was smack me around the right way and she got a Mercedes and a house.later

Hi Nick."Ask my last wife... all she had to do was smack me around the right way...."Was that supposed to be "sEXwife", or am I slow? I was just going to get the combo you mentioned, but felt that my 4 year old system does OK for now. I would not mind smacking you around if you will get it for me? Have fun guys, and any of you live in CA around LA so I can take you guys flying, for real? ;) TV

Guest D17S

I holding out for the Mercedes. Might too, say it will fly, then point to a cliff. I expect most would pause. Running a 450FSB 24/7 is just a bad idea . . . especially when a Q66 would get cha the same performance at 400.

Guest Nick_N

>Hi Nick.>>"Ask my last wife... all she had to do was smack me around the>right way....">>Was that supposed to be "sEXwife", or am I slow? I was just>going to get the combo you mentioned, but felt that my 4 year>old system does OK for now. I would not mind smacking you>around if you will get it for me? Have fun guys, and any of>you live in CA around LA so I can take you guys flying, for>real? ;) TV>>Thanks for the invite... I may take you up on that. I may be in the SoCal area flipping some real estate in December if my RE pardner is available and will let you know if I will be there for sure when the time gets closer.Yes, that was the last ex but not the last.. you know :-hah The 2 before her did not do to too bad either however I retained the offshore holdings where all the real goodies are so in essence I got the mine and they got the shaft.As for Sam and my offer.. that was not a joke, the offer stands and it is real.

Hi, Sam and Nick.You are both doing a good job for this Forum, just shake cyber hands and have a Cyber beer. :-beerchugYes, you get around LA let me know. TV

Guest Nick_N

>I holding out for the Mercedes. Might too, say it will fly,>then point to a cliff. I expect most would pause. Running a>450FSB 24/7 is just a bad idea . . . especially when a Q66>would get cha the same performance at 400.hmmmmmOK SamThats fine.. I wish you well. Please take the advice I posted. It will go a long way in the real world.Peace

Guest Nick_N

>Hi, Sam and Nick.>You are both doing a good job for this Forum, just shake cyber>hands and have a Cyber beer. :-beerchug>Yes, you get around LA let me know. TV>Thanks...the 2nd-3rd wife line was of course a joke.. :-lol But being in SoCal in December was not.. Thanks again TV

Got the new stuff running and I'm very slightly disappointed.The FSB wall is at 417Mhz, way short of my anticipated 427Mhz. I might fool around with the VCore a bit, but I doubt I can get it rock stable at that freq.The system boots up okay at 3.1Ghz (7,5*412), but at anything higher than 413, I'm encontering a reboot bug, say the system doesn't reboot (could also be a BIOS bug).Temps are okay I guess. The northbridge gets only as hot as 36

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days